Couple in restaurant

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
On on the depth of field thing and getting closer, it was an off the cuff shot so I shot with what I had on the camera. I did shoot wide open at 2.8, but it was a 17-50 lens I had on and I shot at 50 or as near as. I didn't have the reach to get any closer.

Oops--looks like I missed the info you posted initially about the 17-50mm lens shooting wide open. :eek: Do you have some type of photo editing software? I used the Gaussian Blur (2.0 if I remember correctly) in Photoshop Elements 10 to blur the background just a tad which helps keep the focus on the couple as the subject. I, too, like the sign that was cropped out, but when including it, it takes some attention away from them. Found my eyes wandered around the photo a little too much with the sign there since it was in sharper focus.

Glad to hear you'll continue to hang around. This is where a lot of the real learning comes in. You share a photograph and pay attention to the constructive criticism while disregarding comments that aren't important.

adox66

Thanks Hark. Yeah I have Perfect photo suite so I can use that to add in the bokeh.

Thanks again for the input. Really appreciated.

10 Gauge

I like the shot! I agree with most of the other feedback about a tighter crop and keeping the symmetry the #1 priority in the photo. The colors and subject are great. Keep on shooting, you have a good eye for a good picture!

Don't mind the other guy telling you where and who you can or cannot shoot. He's talking out of his ass.

Hope to see you around!!

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Retro

Don't mind the other guy telling you where and who you can or cannot shoot. He's talking out of his ass.

Not to belabour the point, but our society is going to hell in a handbasket, and appreciation for liberty is at an all-time low. As has been documented on this forum previously, even casual photographers are being targeted as potential threats. In my view you, Adox, are helping us maintain our freedoms by taking shots like that. Think and shoot like you in 1965 or something, and be calm and play dumb when confronted. It's just a camera!!!