Coolpix S9100 video playback is choppy

shelleywa

Hi all,

I'm brand new to all this. I took my new camera to a festival this weekend to try it out. I got some good shots and videos, which I've uploaded to my laptop. The videos play fine on the camera but not on my laptop. I first tried VideoLAN, which was very choppy, then Apple Quicktime, which wasn't much better. then remembered the software that came with the camera, ViewNX2. This is better but still not right.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be a problem with my laptop (speed etc.) or is there something I can try within the software? Maybe I need to convert the file to a more suitable format? But I'm not sure which one would be best for this.

Any advice gratefully received!

:)

shelleywa

Hello,

Thank you for the link!

I did have a look on my profile page previously but couldn't find any information to fill out that was relevant to this thread, only my age, name etc. (which isn't relevant) and my camera make/model (which is already in the title of the thread). Could you let me know what else you need for this?

Thank you!

Moab Man

Could very well be the computer is not up to it and or could be missing a Codec to properly play the video. Try another computer and on your laptop install any discs that came with the camera.

Siuuu

The format of the video might not be fully compatible with your laptop's default players. Try converting the video to a more standard and widely supported format. H.264 (MP4) is a commonly used format that works well on most devices. You can use a free video converter tool like HandBrake to convert the video to a different format. Removed link

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikerbrent

Hi all,

I'm brand new to all this. I took my new camera to a festival this weekend to try it out. I got some good shots and videos, which I've uploaded to my laptop. The videos play fine on the camera but not on my laptop. I first tried VideoLAN, which was very choppy, then Apple Quicktime, which wasn't much better. then remembered the software that came with the camera, ViewNX2. This is better but still not right.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be a problem with my laptop (speed etc.) or is there something I can try within the software? Maybe I need to convert the file to a more suitable format? But I'm not sure which one would be best for this.

Any advice gratefully received!

:)
Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.

Bikerbrent

The format of the video might not be fully compatible with your laptop's default players. Try converting the video to a more standard and widely supported format. H.264 (MP4) is a commonly used format that works well on most devices. You can use a free video converter tool like HandBrake to convert the video to a different format. Removed link
Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.