Contributor link

Fred Kingston

I give up. Where is it? I thought I saw floating at the top as a banner but now that I thought about Contributing again, I can’t find it…

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I give up. Where is it? I thought I saw floating at the top as a banner but now that I thought about Contributing again, I can’t find it…
I don't think the option to become a contributor has yet been added although the status carried over from the last forum. @jdeg would have to set that up again. So far the shoutbox isn't here (which was a feature available only for contributors).

Fred Kingston

Okay...I'm guessing that he hasn't had time to turn on the money collection stuff that's built into the software... I doubt you're gonna see the live chat feature... I see a lot of, "when are we gonna get the old XYZ feature back?" I don't think folks have a technical understanding of what's taking place here with the NEW software and servers... This is CANNED forum software... that has features built in. You turn stuff ON and OFF... You don't ADD custom software without much consideration because every time the forum's vendor UPDATES the software, your custom stuff gets broken creating a headache for the owner/admin... A LOT of the old software was custom stuff that isn't part of the NEW software, so that entails JDEG doing a lot more work than I would ever do without serious step-up in revenue...