Contributing member renewals

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
i dont see what john is asking us to do, my year is up tomorrow, i hope to get my wife to sort this later tonight, i can see where i paid him last year, but thats it.

this is probably why i dont pay the bills in our house. lol

It should automatically bill you unless during the year you chose to cancel the renewal.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Not sure if i have paid enough,its paid the same amount as i paid last year in £s but i cant believe the exchange rate is the same.

It'll be the same amount each year regardless of the exchange rate

i dont see what john is asking us to do, my year is up tomorrow, i hope to get my wife to sort this later tonight, i can see where i paid him last year, but thats it.

this is probably why i dont pay the bills in our house. lol

You shouldn't have to do anything as long you have money in your account or a payment method selected. Wait, did you just send me money manually without going through the system? I know there were a couple people that did.
I'm locked out too; don't want to change and pay less, so will have to wait for PayPal's arcane machinery to pay out the money. I miss my Contributor plaque!

Fixed ;)

I've got no patience, and changed the payment amount so I could get it paid right away! Yes I love it here that much! :)

Thanks!

any chance of getting american express on ccbill?

Unfortunately no, sorry :(

Eyelight

.........If you originally paid with a credit card it will not be charged again automatically. If you would like to contribute again you can do so by going to the payments page.........

So if we paid via Credit Card, we just need to hit the payments page before the anniversary of our contributory existence?

Roy1961

Contributor
jdeg i had it set up for a repeat, but that account was empty, should go thru now, added a few $$ in to it.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
You shouldn't have to do anything as long you have money in your account or a payment method selected. Wait, did you just send me money manually without going through the system? I know there were a couple people that did.

I might have done this John. PM me if it was the case.

rocketman122

I hate when there are recurring payments and I dont know about it. not cool.

now I want to see who the hell has recurring payments. ok now im pissed. a reminder in my inbox would be preffered than a forced payment had I not read this post.

mikew_RIP

now I want to see who the hell has recurring payments. ok now im pissed. a reminder in my inbox would be preffered than a forced payment had I not read this post.

I felt it was clear enough when i signed up.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

try paying by credit card....that's what I did. Nothing automatic, but I paid it earlier than on my anniversary date.....by a few months. It's well deserved by @jdeg.

Fred Kingston

Do we get a special badge if we paid it twice??? Once when ya'll sent the message, and again because we'd forgot about the auto-annual PayPal ding???

mikew_RIP

Do we get a special badge if we paid it twice??? Once when ya'll sent the message, and again because we'd forgot about the auto-annual PayPal ding???

Yes

th.jpg

rocketman122

I felt it was clear enough when i signed up.

I missed that part I guess. I dont mind paying but I dont want to feel anyone can take money just because. nothing should be an automatic contribution. I will pay when my 1 year comes up but I would have appreciated MUCH more so if a gentle reminder was sent to my inbox reminding instead of me having to then navigate to my paypal to cancel my auto payment.

try paying by credit card....that's what I did. Nothing automatic, but I paid it earlier than on my anniversary date.....by a few months. It's well deserved by @jdeg.

I pay everything I can through paypal. I also then have PP back should I ever need to open a case. its fast and easy. no info is passed to anyone.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

I apologize for the confusion. I incorrectly assumed that it was known that the Paypal subscription would renew automatically. I can give you a refund if you want.

To fix this in the future, I'm going to install something that will show a reminder to users. Also, I made this a little more clear on this page.

rocketman122

I apologize for the confusion. I incorrectly assumed that it was known that the Paypal subscription would renew automatically. I can give you a refund if you want.

To fix this in the future, I'm going to install something that will send a reminder to users. Also, I made this a little more clear on this page.

if I payed in may then my subscription will end in may?
refund? why? I will pay again when it comes up. I have no issue paying. its a great forum. its not what I was mentioning. I hate when theres automatic renawals. I much prefer a discrete reminder to my inbox for payment then to have it taken out without me knowing.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
if I payed in may then my subscription will end in may?
refund? why? I will pay again when it comes up. I have no issue paying. its a great forum. its not what I was mentioning. I hate when theres automatic renawals. I much prefer a discrete reminder to my inbox for payment then to have it taken out without me knowing.

Right, I'm showing May 8th. I thought yours recently renewed and you didn't get a notification. There actually is an email that goes out right before it renews. I'm looking into adding something that shows on the site as well.

rocketman122

Right, I'm showing May 8th. I thought yours recently renewed and you didn't get a notification. There actually is an email that goes out right before it renews. I'm looking into adding something that shows on the site as well.

no, not a problem to renew for me.