Connecting SnapBridge app to Nikon Z5

James Chan

New member
Hi folks, I’ve problem connecting SnapBridge app to my Z5 camera with Bluetooth.
I’m planning to use my iPhone15 Pro as a monitor on my Z5 with hdmi video capture connection.
My Z5 firmware is updated. SnapBridge Bluetooth is enable too.
Appreciate if anyone can help me out.🙏
 

BF Hammer

Senior Member
I don't quite follow what your intended function is to be with Bluetooth. After you get a successful connection via Bluetooth, you petty much are limited to controlling the shutter-release and related functions. There is no photo transfers or LiveView available in app, certainly no way to change exposure modes or settings. That is all available with a wi-fi connection.
 

James Chan

New member
I don't quite follow what your intended function is to be with Bluetooth. After you get a successful connection via Bluetooth, you petty much are limited to controlling the shutter-release and related functions. There is no photo transfers or LiveView available in app, certainly no way to change exposure modes or settings. That is all available with a wi-fi connection.
Thanks for your advise. WiFi connection not easily available when out on location shooting. I understand that SnapBridge app features can be accessible on the mobile monitor once camera and iPhone are connected with Bluetooth. I do not need to transfers photo while shooting.
 

BF Hammer

Senior Member
Nikon cameras won't send video in Bluetooth mode. You can only use Snapbridge as a simple remote control that way. This is why I think you are trying to do something impossible.

In Wi-Fi mode your Z5 creates the wifi network that you join with the iPhone. That mode will send video data from camera to device with Snapbridge. This method is wildly inconsistent and your phone may be constantly complaining that it has no Internet access as other apps try to access Internet.

The method that always works is to connect a computer to the camera by a USB cable and use NX Tether to remote-operate the camera.
 
Top