Confused over which way to go! (D5600, P900 or B700)

mikew_RIP

It was life that got in the way back then. Like you said, the deals this time of year are pretty remarkable and sometimes, when I'm in a mood, I see a DSLR at a good price (like the D5600 at Amazon or certain others at Costco) I guess I get itchy and think, "Yeah, now's the time to give it a try." But then I read some reviews and learn that the lenses maybe aren't that great so I get some doubts and then I start thinking about carrying lenses and changing lenses and I wonder what I really want to do (which is a nice way of saying that I simply get confused!). The feedback here has been great and considering that my biggest 'wants' are a zoom and ease of use, I think the P900 (even with the lack of RAW) is probably my best bet.

If you go for the P900 come back and give you a couple of easy set up tips and a link to the free Nikon download program for your computer.

Dawg Pics

@Michael55345

Nothing wrong with deciding on a P900 over a DSLR or vice versa. If you get the bug again, there are lots of used DSLR cameras and decent lenses for you to play with. You may decide you like it, but you won't know unless you try it. If you are set on the P900, stick around here anyway. There is lots to learn from all the experienced people here, and you don't have to be Ansel Adams caliber to post. I started here knowing pretty much nothing, but I am learning more all the time. I figure it is a life-long journey.

As far as the kit lenses go, many people taking perfectly usable images with them. They aren't going to be top-notch for that price, but it gets you into the hobby with some flexibility if you aren't the type to piece together your own kit.

Now and then I get the urge to purchase a cheaper point and shoot just for fun. I used to have a Cybershot. It took pretty good images, but at the time I had no clue about photography.

Good luck. Post an image when you get your camera.