Comments wanted.

Needa

Challenge Team
D81_1808.jpg

Suggestions and comments needed.

please don't take anything personally,,, honest feedback. .Good quality photo,,, boring in my mind. Looks like 15,000 other pictures .. I agree with Hammer, nothing to look at.

Needa

Challenge Team
Thank you both for your feedback.

I know the image is not good hence reason for posting for comments. This is a place were there are several of these channels in the swamp just like this one, to date I have not been able to get a good photo a any of them. They are able to hold my interest while there been so far no translation to a (good) photo.

BF Hammer

Oh I have several spots that catch my eye but there just isn't a photograph that can be made. Sometimes I try to imagine composures for years before I give up.

Fred Kingston

I know the image is not good hence reason for posting for comments. This is a place were there are several of these channels in the swamp just like this one, to date I have not been able to get a good photo a any of them. They are able to hold my interest while there been so far no translation to a (good) photo.
If you're trying to highlight the "channels'... You might want to try a panoramic shot that's pulled back farther into the frame...with more of the water at the bottom of the shot... as it is, the actual channel part is less than 1/4 of the frame and gets lost in the foliage which is the top 3/4 of the frame... You need to be back farther or a wider lens than that 24mm

Needa

Challenge Team
If you're trying to highlight the "channels'... You might want to try a panoramic shot that's pulled back farther into the frame...with more of the water at the bottom of the shot... as it is, the actual channel part is less than 1/4 of the frame and gets lost in the foliage which is the top 3/4 of the frame... You need to be back farther or a wider lens than that 24mm
Don't know if channel is accurate but the is less vegetation over the water in these areas, open to less filtered sunlight. If not enough light the water appears black. But anyway something to try. There is no moving further back do have a Sigma 10-20 DX. Thanks Fred.

View attachment 400810

View attachment 400810

Scott Murray

Try a different time of day. More atmospheric eg early morning with fog. Also experiment with DOF, a shallow dof focused on something eg fern may be what it needs.
Definitely need to declutter it as best you can.
Keep experimenting and show us the results.

Needa

Challenge Team
D81_1849.jpg

So was able to get more of a tunnel like look. Of course the power lines ruin the effect your are in a place long ago and far away. Didn't particularly like using the DX lens on the 810 image not full screen maybe try the 7100 next time.

Clovishound

Much better. Can you get lower down to the water? Some interesting clouds/lighting might bump things up some.

OK, Fred beat me to it while I was typing.