Coming from Canon - What's up with the Colors on the Nikons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am sure you have been told already, trying to duplicate what your Canon sensor spat out with your Nikon is a bit of a futile exercise. Why did you come over to Nikon? I am left scratching my head at why you would come over to Nikon expecting to get the same results as your Canon. Don't get me wrong, both companies make great cameras, but they will obviously produce different results. This could have easily been known by reading a few reviews. So I am curious as to why you want your "Canon" colors back? Perhaps go back to Canon? Anyhow, I would not be able to help you out since I don't own any Nikon gear anymore. All I can say is play around with your white balance settings, but don't expect do have your Nikon replicate your "Canon" colors.
It took me a while to get used to the colors that the Fuji X-Trans APS-C sensor produces, but I never tried to replicate what my Nikon gave me. I actually sat down and stared at one of my first pictures with the X-E1 for a good half hour. I just could not figure out what was bothering me. Then it hit me: it was the colors. They are certainly not bad, far from being so. Fuji produces awesome colors. Point is, I should not have expected Nikon colors from my Fuji.

"
the color reproduction [Canon] is so much more accurate to what I see [than the Nikon]" - my first post.

Like I've made clear many times, I don't care about what Brand my camera is. That may be important to you, but it isn't for me. Point is, the Canon was outputting images closer to how they seemed in real life than the Nikon. I didn't, and still don't, care if those colors are branded as Canon, Nikon, Fuji, etc. I tend to think that cameras should replicate what I see, regardless of brand, and allow me to manipulate post from that base, if I want to get creative. Nonetheless, I managed to get over it and make a few fanboys steam up. There were a few here that helped me, but seems that the majority here got red-headed for my mentioning of another brand rather than actually helping. Dumb, simply put.

Last edited:

Horoscope Fish

Like I've made clear many times, I don't care about what Brand my camera is. That may be important to you, but it isn't for me. Point is, the Canon was outputting images closer to how they seemed in real life than the Nikon. I didn't, and still don't, care if those colors are branded as Canon, Nikon, Fuji, etc. I tend to think that cameras should replicate what I see, regardless of brand. Nonetheless, I managed to get over it and make a few fanboys steam up. There were a few here that helped me realize that, but seems that the majority here got red-headed for my mentioning of another brand rather than actually helping. Dumb, simply put.
If you're serious about trying to figure this out -- and by that I mean finding an actual solution to the problem -- then posting a few shots that exhibit the problem, and contain the EXIF data, is going to be necessary. Otherwise, this is going be nothing but five more pages of academic conversation.

So... Do you want to find a solution or are you looking for conversation?

pedroj

"
the color reproduction [Canon] is so much more accurate to what I see [than the Nikon]" - my first post.

Like I've made clear many times, I don't care about what Brand my camera is. That may be important to you, but it isn't for me. Point is, the Canon was outputting images closer to how they seemed in real life than the Nikon. I didn't, and still don't, care if those colors are branded as Canon, Nikon, Fuji, etc. I tend to think that cameras should replicate what I see, regardless of brand, and allow me to manipulate post from that base, if I want to get creative. Nonetheless, I managed to get over it and make a few fanboys steam up. There were a few here that helped me, but seems that the majority here got red-headed for my mentioning of another brand rather than actually helping. Dumb, simply put.

Post the images with the exif data attached then we can help...

Status
Not open for further replies.