Comet Neowise

Dawg Pics

[MENTION=11881]Moab Man[/MENTION] That is terrific. I don't have a clear shot near me. I would have to trek out into the desert, which I can't do by myself.

Moab Man

Long exposure with my star tracker. My hope was to capture more of the blue ion tail with the long exposure... it worked.

W_D85_8970_Final.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here's mine taken last night.
I read somewhere that it is getting harder to see (less brilliant) as days go by. Not that it's getting extinguished, but it's getting further away from us.

341853-marcels-irregular-contribution-nikonites-2mc_3207.jpg

nikonpup

750_5228-Edit.jpg
old farts should not be out late fumbling around in the dark :) most trouble i had was trying to find the location of the comet on the internet.

Bikerbrent

Great pictures all. Unfortunately do the the streetlight the city recently installed across the street from me in the north west, I can't even see the big dipper, set alone the comet!!!

Dawg Pics

Great pictures all. Unfortunately do the the streetlight the city recently installed across the street from me in the north west, I can't even see the big dipper, set alone the comet!!!
That is sad.
The population is increasing here. More and more sky glow to deal with.

BackdoorArts

Outside of eclipses, which don't count, I haven't done night sky photography in at least 5 years - probably more. Everything I used to know about it came flooding back after I did whatever it was I wasn't supposed to do (like knowing that with an effective 750mm focal length you get star trails in under 2 seconds). Not sure if it's fading, but at least I dragged my tired butt and old eyes out there. The last shot is actually from the undeveloped street right behind us. If I get another clear night I might go back and try some IR since I'm told that stars tend to pop more. We'll see.

E75_6078-Edit-copy-2.jpg

D53_0573-Edit-copy-2.jpg

E75_6097-Edit-copy-2.jpg

Scott Murray

Awesome photos guys and girls, we have not been able to see the comet as yet in the Southern Hemisphere. But as it rounds the sun we are starting to get it low in the sky just after sunset. Not sure if it will be visible from where I am but will go out tonight and have a look with my 70-200 f2.8.

Hobbit

still no joy for me either a friend got it over lee hill and cracking pics as well , me ive either been working / asleep or we have cloud :(