Color Blind

rocketman122

Yes I see blue in that photo with tan also.

no the 2nd pic is very saturated and almost looks like a simpsons show haha mostly it looks like this. similar to the first. but depends on different factors including what the camera picture control was and how it was exposed but the lower one is very saturated.

Colorblind-1.jpg

Bourbon Neat

The results of my test. Maybe B&W photography is the way. Honestly I had no clue, others sure noticed my wardrobe tho.
[h=2]Strong Protanomaly/Protanopia[/h]
This is the strongest type of red-green color blindness. A significant number of strong protan cases are “too strong” to be helped by EnChroma. Based on customer feedback from people with similar results we believe there is a 50% chance that EnChroma glasses will help your color vision.​
A complete diagnosis of color vision deficiency is not possible using remote testing–we recommend you try the EnChroma glasses and return them if it does not work. All EnChroma products are satisfaction-guaranteed within 30 days of purchase

J-see

The results of my test. Maybe B&W photography is the way. Honestly I had no clue, others sure noticed my wardrobe tho.
Strong Protanomaly/Protanopia

This is the strongest type of red-green color blindness. A significant number of strong protan cases are “too strong” to be helped by EnChroma. Based on customer feedback from people with similar results we believe there is a 50% chance that EnChroma glasses will help your color vision.​
A complete diagnosis of color vision deficiency is not possible using remote testing–we recommend you try the EnChroma glasses and return them if it does not work. All EnChroma products are satisfaction-guaranteed within 30 days of purchase

There's always a limit to what they can do but even this enhancement is amazing. I checked the glasses and they're not cheap but it might be worth trying when you can return them should they have no effect.

It entirely possible even when they enhance colors, not everyone will like such a sudden change in their life.

J-see

I did some browsing and they're not the only company selling those glasses. There are more options and some are cheaper, others more expensive. I'd however be careful since these kind of "cures" always attract a fair share of scammers.

Here are the people that started this: 2AI | 2AI Labs | Researching the mind, what it does, and where it's headed.

I read about them in the Scientific American which at the very least implies they are credible.

This is their eyewear.

O2Amp | Glasses for the Color Blind

Bourbon Neat

As a follow-up to a previous test, the Ishihara test, I went to this link:

Farnsworth-Munsell 100 HueColor Vision Test | Colblindor

The test there is called the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Color Vision Test. I gotta say that I am suspicious of the results. There are for rows of hues to be aligned from end to end. I swear it looked good when I was done.

Maybe some of you could take a look and give your impression. I will state the number result of my test after taking it for a second time. Eyes are kinda tired right now though. Also there is a test at this other link that I saw a great deal of the numbers quite well but was rejected.

Instructions | EnChroma

Anyone is welcome to give these a shot and say if you think they are legit.

J-see

I took the first test and it is advised to do it in a dark environment since daylight hitting the monitor makes it a bit harder. I messed up the position of two colors I think and had an error score of 4. If that makes the test legit or not I wouldn't know.

It's certainly not as easy as the number tests.

Felisek

I did this test (thought from a different website) a while ago and got a score of about 40. Then, I changed my screen colour profile from calibrated with Spyder device, which I use for photography, to one of the default profiles. This gave more saturated screen colours. This time, my score was 20.

I know that my eyes are not so great in recognising subtle colours. Some colleagues at work got a score of 0. But keep in mind that a test like this very strongly depends on your screen calibration and saturation. To get an objective score you'd need either a screen calibrated specifically for the test, or to have the test tiles printed using a calibrated printer.

PS: I think colour resolution changes with age. From a very small sample of my colleagues who took this test I noticed that older people generally had worse results.

J-see

I did this test (thought from a different website) a while ago and got a score of about 40. Then, I changed my screen colour profile from calibrated with Spyder device, which I use for photography, to one of the default profiles. This gave more saturated screen colours. This time, my score was 20.

This might be a good test not only to check for color blindness but also for screen calibration. I might try it on the other monitor and check if I get the same result.

Bourbon Neat

Back to the night sky thing.

This is about how I see the night sky after dark acclimation.

AA02.jpg

This is the image captured in nef, converted to dng and imported with LR 5.7

AA04.jpg

Here is a processed copy that I am fairly satisfied with (that satisfaction can easily change if viewed for too long).

AA03.jpg

So, in the post that began this thread, the sky was predominantly blue. Now in this post, it seems to be a lot of orange. What is your take of the dng file opened in LR 5.7 (#2 snip) and my results (#3 snip).

I would be interested in seeing what anyone might do with the original nef file. How can the file be uploaded for others to process?

mikew_RIP

My result

You were able to see the hidden shape in all or nearly all of the test conditions. This indicates a high probability of having normal color vision.

J-see

I would be interested in seeing what anyone might do with the original nef file. How can the file be uploaded for others to process?

Look for dropbox. You can use that to upload NEF files and share. When you post the link, everyone that wants can download them.

Bourbon Neat

It has been 5 months since this thread began. I have been content with things from these eyes. Recently had a change in hardware on this end and at this moment do not have a handle on the display here. With the current display settings I have it close to what it was, maybe. So to see how close, I went back and tweaked an image and reposted in the same posting to see. http://nikonites.com/macro/9707-post-your-macro-photos-here-post480699.html#post480699

The display issues have me questioning any image I have processed. Members throw likes out there a lot but have said little. Wondering now if my posted images are close to real looking, laughable, hideous or what. While viewing others images, I see a wide spread of processing. Some appear to me to be overly saturated while others are flat. I may be liking things that are turd and not even knowing and passing on really good captures.

mikew_RIP

I like the bottom one best but its a fraction dark on my monitor,throwing likes out:D needs to be kept in perspective all that is saying is someone likes it,not its the best they have seen or the best you have done,if you want feed back that is meaningful then i agree its not likes that does it.