Clovis' Nikon Nuggets

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
If you are talking about tropical cyclone 8, no. It is passing north of us. We aren't supposed to even get any rain from it today. It's a tad windy and overcast, and that's about it.

Thanks for asking. We tend to keep an eye on the tropics here on the east coast this time of year.
The reports down here said it was headed for the Carolina's.

Clovishound

Trying to get some more macro shooting in before the insects disappear.

I've said this before, but I really need to try shooting some more available light macros.

This one was somewhat backlit by morning sun. I took a few with the flash and then switched the flash off, cranked up the ISO and opened up the aperture. A little more DOF would have been nice, but I needed to keep the shutter speed up. I really like the quality of light in this one.

_DSC8390-SharpenAI-Focus (1).jpg

This is another available light. I had some really nice foliage and flowers in the background that blurred out to just some blotches of color. A lot of that would have been lost with flash. Again, I would have liked to get a little more in focus, but again, that's the price of available light.

_DSC8427-SharpenAI-Focus.jpg

This one didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped, but it does have some interest. I had to use flash here, as it was in deep shadow. I did crank down the shutter speed to get some of the backlighting exposing the shadow created on the leaf.

_DSC8371-SharpenAI-Focus.jpg

I'm still fascinated by the small tree frogs.

_DSC8448-SharpenAI-Focus.jpg