Civil War Reenactment Gettysburg PA

Alan

For you movie fans The man on the right played A.P. Hill in the movie Gettysburg. Also although this land is not in the National Park it is preserved land and was used for shooting the movie. And you can see the round tops from here.

DSCN0167.jpg

Rick M

Thanks Rick. I remember that you have been down this way getting some good shots of the park.

Yea, my last visit it was closed due to the Fed budget shutdown. At least it was closed too most people :). Got some nice shots without all us darn tourists in the way!

Whiskeyman

Thanks for sharing your photos Alan. It is enjoyable to view them. They remind me of the Matthew Brady books my Dad had around the house when I was growing up.

WM

john*thomas

For you movie fans The man on the right played A.P. Hill in the movie Gettysburg. Also although this land is not in the National Park it is preserved land and was used for shooting the movie. And you can see the round tops from here.

I'm guessing this explains the large explosions? I went to the 150th and didn't recall any explosions like the one you posted. We took the horseback tour afterwards which was pretty interesting.

Alan

I'm guessing this explains the large explosions? I went to the 150th and didn't recall any explosions like the one you posted. We took the horseback tour afterwards which was pretty interesting.

The explosion was at the end of the live mortar fire. The folks shooting those compete throughout the year. They fire lead balls at targets at 100 and 200 yards. On the last shot all four teams fire at once and set off the explosion when the balls start falling in that area. Only good explosion of the day :)

Alan

This is the monument for the PA 141st at the Peach Orchard. This is the unit my Great Grandfather was in. I also had a cousin that was killed here and is buried in an unmarked grave in the National Cemetery. The Colonel of the Regiment went there on July 4th and ID's where he had fought but could not recolonize any of His Boys as they had lay in the heat and sun for the last two days.....

DSCN0285.jpg