Choosing the D7100 >Over> D5200 (Somewhat of a Re-Post) Lens Help

Someone with the D7000 can probably answer this better but to my understanding the D7000 will auto focus with either a lens with the motor in it or one of the older AF lenses that did not have a motor in it.

USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive). Built in motor
VC (Vibration Compensation)
The designation “Di” (Digitally Integrated Design) marks a generation of lenses, which have been specially adapted to the requirements of digital SLR cameras.

built in motor will work on the D7000

Bill16

You will be able to auto focus if it's an auto focus lens even if the lens has it's own AF motor built in.But you'll need to make sure the lens is made to fit Nikon when buying third party lenses. Nikon's DSLR takes a F mount. :)

topgunwghs

Proud new owner of a D7000 and a 24-120mm VR lens. This will suit my needs for a while and once funds build up again I will be in the market for a Prime 400 or 500mm, instead of a variable zoom. Opinions, and is this possible under $500? -- Remember I'm a poor student...

It would appear that I am due for another steep learning curve on this D7000, what is my max print suggestion size? 20x30"?

DSCN8188.jpg

NikonVincent

the live view feature of the 5200 is so slow and poorly implemented, just like the 7100, that it renders the otherwise great articulating LCD to very limited use, i.e. when using on a tripod shooting still life! sad to say...which is why the 7100 is much more attractive to me.