Carguys weekly contributions

carguy

Second day with the D7100. Still adjusting to the Auto Focus and settings. Took to the soccer field late evening/dusk tonight. Out of the camera (RAW) the exposures/colors seem boring and flat to me. Just posting here for some feedback and to keep myself shooting :)

Manual mode
Nikon 55-200mm VR

Soccer by MichiganClassics.com, on Flickr

Manual
1/125
f5.6
200mm

ISO 100
LR 4.4 / +clarity, +vibrance

1/1000
f5.6
200mm
ISO 2000

1/1000
f5.6
200mm
ISO 2000

1/1250
f5.6
200mm
ISO 2000

Krs_2007

I think you did good. I think mine look flat compared to others so I am trying to focus more on my post-processing at this time. Remember you are shooting raw and can make it look the way you want it. If you don't like it then reset and start over. I also found it to be really different when I moved to D600, but I am slowly figuring the PP out.

​keep shooting and capturing the memories

carguy

Thank you. I tried taking advantage of the higher ISO as the sun was going down while keeping the shutter speed up.

I do like how the first shot came out.

Tapp'n on the go

Snapped a quick shot of the new nephew this weekend. SB-700 on camera, bouncing off the ceiling.

D7100
1/60
F8
ISO 400
Manual

Seems to be a little hot. Still learning to use the flash on camera, funny that I'm better off camera than on :)

New nephew - Conall by MichiganClassics.com, on Flickr

Not really that hot. nothing that just a little Post Processing couldn't take care of. Have you tried the bounce with the diffuser yet?

carguy

Not really that hot. nothing that just a little Post Processing couldn't take care of. Have you tried the bounce with the diffuser yet?
I actually thought I left the diffuser at home when I took that at the inlaws Saturday night. Found it on the floor as we went home - DOH. The pic would look much better with the diffuser.

​I'll play with it a bit more in LR tonight.

Lawrence

I love the ice skating ones especially the last one where he looks so happy. It mirrors the smile of the guy in the poster in the background.

carguy

Hit the pumpkin patch yesterday :)

Tapp'n on the go

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382408859880.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382408859880.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 104