Carguys 35mm film erudition

Blacktop

Hey Joe! @carguy. I'm liking the Fuji color film. can you please tell me how do you convert your shots to digital? Do you just get your film developed and scan it in with a regular scanner, or do you scan the negatives?

carguy

Hey Joe! @carguy. I'm liking the Fuji color film. can you please tell me how do you convert your shots to digital? Do you just get your film developed and scan it in with a regular scanner, or do you scan the negatives?
My local lab does the processing & scanning for me. He sends the images via dropbox and i also get my negatives.

I just shoot and pay :)

Blacktop

I pay $15 per roll for processing and scanning.
That's not bad. I was just looking at some of my vacation photos from the 1990's when we went to Utah and the Canyonlands. I had a Fuji 35mm all automatic camera, and the shots look disgraceful, compared to what I'm shooting now. I'm sure it wasn't the camera's fault, as I really didn't know what I was doing.

It might be fun trying now and applying what I've learned these last few years to film.

Blacktop

Had a good look but cant see where you put the film in a D750 :D
There is a button under the de-fogger switch, that opens up a door to place the film into.
Don't forget to turn off auto ISO. I like to use Kodak Gold 12,800 ISO film on AF-C D21.

mikew_RIP

There is a button under the de-fogger switch, that opens up a door to place the film into.
Don't forget to turn off auto ISO. I like to use Kodak Gold 12,800 ISO film on AF-C D21.

Its great to have such a font of knowledge to draw on:D sorry Joe will get out of your thread now.

carguy

November 2015 - March 2017

I went from digging out my XG1 to play with film photography again, to buying a handful of 35mm film cameras to try out to settling on 3 cameras to shoot semi-regularly for my own pleasure.

I sold off two X-700 bodies to fund the latest purchase, A Nikon F3/T. I also kept a Yashica Electro 35 GSN and my Nikon FE2. I retired the XG1 to the shelf as this was my first and only 35mm SLR camera I purchased new.

I have a blog here about my film photography HERE

As I usually only shoot film from Spring to Fall (It's cold and dreary here in Michigan during the winter), I finally had a roll of Tri-X 400 processed which I shot in the FE2 processed. I used the Sunny 16 rule and they came out very well actuallly. Here are a few:

Detroit Riverwalk by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

GM RenCen by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Nikon FE2 Kodak Tri-X 35mm film by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Nikon FE2 Kodak Tri-X 35mm film by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

GM RenCen by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Urban reflection by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

carguy

It's been a while. I finally had 5 rolls of 35mm film developed/scanned. Most are OK, but my first roll of HP5 from my F3/T have some shots I really like.

I picked up a Fuji X100 in May (sold off the Hi-Matic F, 2 X700 and have the Coolpix A for sale).

A couple from the HP5 roll that I wanted to share.

Good Dog

Headshot
I lilke this bar location, the cool design of the building. I waited for someone to walk by and this guy was just the right height :)

This guy reminded me of the iconic Blown-Away Man in a Le Corbusier chair in the Steven Steigman photograph for Maxell in 1978

carguy

I had a nice silver Nikon FE with a 50mm 1.8 for a minute this summer, managed to shoot a roll of HP5 through it. What a nice camera :)

Shots are from Detroit in June/July 2017

From the hip

carguy

I finally had the first roll through the Voigtlander 40mm processed & scanned, love it :)

Nikon F3/T
Portra 160
July 2017 in Detroit, Michigan