Canadian Birder

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I would practice with stationary objects first. Like Sam said, BIF is hard and takes lots of practice. Get your focus right first, then try BIF.

Silven

Just out of curiosity, what glass are you shooting through? Your pictures don't seem to be suffering from a lack of focus, just cropping until they look a little blurred around the edges. Grainy would be a better way to put it.

Redtail55

Just out of curiosity, what glass are you shooting through? Your pictures don't seem to be suffering from a lack of focus, just cropping until they look a little blurred around the edges. Grainy would be a better way to put it.

I shoot with the Nikon 70-300 Vr 1:4.5-5.6 ED

Sambr

The 70-300 is a good lens however at the long end don't shot it at 300mm drop to 280mm because that lens is known to be soft wide open. Try it with a static object such as a beer or soft drink can at different distances & aperture settings.

Redtail55

The 70-300 is a good lens however at the long end don't shot it at 300mm drop to 280mm because that lens is known to be soft wide open. Try it with a static object such as a beer or soft drink can at different distances & aperture settings.
Yes Sam I've read about this problem on various forums , I still really like this lens and it"s kind of hard to remember to not take it all the way to 300mm when you want to see an object up close quickly! Have to practice that I guess .