Camera Strap Advice

robbins.photo

Gday all

I just wanted to thank everyone again for their help and input.

I grabbed myself a Summit Edition Slide today...and I love it!

So practical and easy to use. I'm looking forward to many years of piece of mind when carrying and shooting with my pride & joy 

Cheers
Andrew

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Secksy007

What colour did you go for ? Personally I have the Tallac version :)
Hey Daz

I grabbed the rust coloured one. I think it's called "Lassen".

I'm just happy that I came across the PD Slide. It really suits my style of photography.

At Church one minute I'm shooting the Musos. Next I'll be getting photos of the Kids, then back into the auditorium to get shots of the Pastor and of course taking candid shots of people chatting before and after the service.

So as you can see I need something really functional and secure and the Slide fits the bill nicely!

Blade Canyon

I really like the Joby, which I bought after it was recommended here by Paul or JH Foto. I also have the Black Rapid, which can be made more secure by sliding your belt over the back section of strap, locking it in behind the belt loop on your pants at the 3 o'clock position. Hard to explain, but it keeps the camera and lens right on your hip except when you slide it up to shoot.

Daz

Hey Daz

I grabbed the rust coloured one. I think it's called "Lassen".

I'm just happy that I came across the PD Slide. It really suits my style of photography.

At Church one minute I'm shooting the Musos. Next I'll be getting photos of the Kids, then back into the auditorium to get shots of the Pastor and of course taking candid shots of people chatting before and after the service.

So as you can see I need something really functional and secure and the Slide fits the bill nicely!

Ahh I am glad you have a strap you are happy with !!

One thing I would advise, when you click the Anchor Links into the strap make sure you hear the solid click and give it an extra pull just to make sure its in there. I have no doubt that they will hold the weight (rated for 90kg), and that the mechanism is solid, but I would hate for it to be user error of not making sure they clicked in as to why my camera lands up on the floor :)

rocketman122

sweet. the strap will definitely make you a skilled kick ass pro photog now ;)

I only use the nikon AN6Y straps. if I get one ill be one too. cool:encouragement:

its all about the strap and looking cool. the cooler you look the better the pictures come out

Secksy007

sweet. the strap will definitely make you a skilled kick ass pro photog now ;)

I only use the nikon AN6Y straps. if I get one ill be one too. cool:encouragement:

its all about the strap and looking cool. the cooler you look the better the pictures come out
I just want to be comfortable using my camera for long periods of time.

I have never claimed to be a pro photograper, so I don't understand why you'd say that!

robbins.photo

I just want to be comfortable using my camera for long periods of time.

I have never claimed to be a pro photograper, so I don't understand why you'd say that!

No worries. I think a lot of folks tend to fall into this trap and just assume that everyone shoots the same way they shoot and uses the same equipment they use. Sure if your shooting in a studio with a 50 mm prime or a short, light telephoto you can use one of those standard neck straps without too much of a problem.

Not so much if your carting around a DSLR with a battery grip and 70-200mm 2.8 lens all day at the zoo. In the end all that really matters is that you can carry your gear comfortably and that the strap is good enough to keep your gear secure. I wouldn't worry about much else.