C130 Transports were back today.

wildshots

Unusual for me to see them twice in one week. D500 - Aperature Priority - Auto ISO - F11. Nikkor 28-300mm FX zoom lens.
c 130 4 - 1000.jpg

Clovishound

The Air National Guard units typically have pristine aircraft. They have the money, manpower and experience to keep their airframes in meticulous condition. At least that's how it was back in the 80s and 90s. We had a lot of ANG aircraft transferred to us during the first gulf war. When they first came to us, they were like brand new. When we gave them back, they were tattered relics of their former selves. I felt bad for the ANG units, but hey, the aircraft (and crews) were there for when there was a need for them. When you are fighting a war, even a fairly small one, you fix what has to be fixed and don't worry about paint, cracked/missing interior panels etc. If it will fly safely, it's good to go.

I can picture the grizzled old maintenance chief shaking his head, and looking at the aircraft when it returned saying, "What the &*$!(*#@ did they do to MY aircraft?".

wildshots

The Air National Guard units typically have pristine aircraft. They have the money, manpower and experience to keep their airframes in meticulous condition. At least that's how it was back in the 80s and 90s. We had a lot of ANG aircraft transferred to us during the first gulf war. When they first came to us, they were like brand new. When we gave them back, they were tattered relics of their former selves. I felt bad for the ANG units, but hey, the aircraft (and crews) were there for when there was a need for them. When you are fighting a war, even a fairly small one, you fix what has to be fixed and don't worry about paint, cracked/missing interior panels etc. If it will fly safely, it's good to go.

I can picture the grizzled old maintenance chief shaking his head, and looking at the aircraft when it returned saying, "What the &*$!(*#@ did they do to MY aircraft?".
The fleet is like their children. Dedicated men all.