Boats Anyone

Alan

DSCN2744a.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Inflatable canoe - not very smart with lots of gators around. We saw four gators near the boat ramp. When I spoke with this guy he told me they saw about 20 during their trek.
csc_0108_399.jpg

nikonjim

I saw a few alligators in South Carolina a couple of years ago wheen I was over for my Son's wedding. I had my camera in the canoe with me, but when I saw a big 'gator about 10 feet away, and bent down to pick up my camera-it was gone!! They stayed well clear of us, so I could only get shots with a telephoto.

zain

Fishermen at Penarik Beach in Terengganu, Malaysia help push ashore a fishing boat laden with the daily catch belonging to one of them.
p1405787182-4.jpg

Sandpatch

USS North Carolina. ... ]

An awesome warship and in such excellent condition -- we toured her a few years ago and spent most of the day aboard. The gift shop sells full size plastic replicas of her 16" shells! I wanted to buy one and tie it to the roof rack on the VW. :D

zain

Gaily decorated fishing boats of Sabak beach, Kelantan state, Malaysia
p944876530-4.jpg
Fishermen of Sabak Beach in Kelantan state are unique in the sense that they compete with each other to meticulously and painstakingly decorate and beautify their fishing boats. It is a well-treasured tradition that cannot be found in other parts of Malaysia.
p688270988-4.jpg
The bow of their gaily decorated fishing boats
p589828-4.jpg
Sabak Beach fishing boats..These fishing boats are for offshore fishing by small scale fishermen however the boats are moored in the man-made channel. The boats cannot be anchored at the beach due to heavy natural erosion and the beach has been replaced with the concrete wall to prevent further erosion.