Black bar along edges of photos

Daft Moose

Hi, everyone! I've had my Nikon D3200 for about a week now, and I've noticed that sometimes a black bar or triangle will appear along the top or bottom edges of my photos. It's very unpredictable as to when this will happen. Sometimes it happens for 30 pictures in a row, sometimes it doesn't happen for 30 pictures in a row. The black shape is not visible through the viewfinder before a photo is taken. I'm thinking maybe it's an issue with the shutter, but changing the shutter speed doesn't seem to have any effect on whether it happens. In the first two photos, the shape is on the bottom edge towards the left, in the third photo it's along the top.Has anyone experienced similar issues or have any theories? Thanks very much! :)
DSC_0027.jpgDSC_0031.jpg DSC_0047.jpg

Daz

Looks like you have a flappy shutter like others have said if its new and you've only had it 2 weeks I would just go back to the store with pics in hand and get it swapped for a new one, if its second hand, its a job for a Nikon repair dealer

Daft Moose

Thanks for all the help! It's a refurbished camera, so I'm going to have to ship it to the Nikon service center to be repaired. I think I'll wait a while though, because I'm going to Iceland in a few weeks and I want to be sure I have a camera, even if it's a bit faulty.

Zerobeat

If the shutter fails completely on the trip, it won't matter if you have a camera or not. If you purchased the refurb through a dealer, contact them, explain the situation, and see if they'll simply swap units for you.

Good luck, and have a great trip!