Black and White Portraits

eumundi family portraits smaller.jpg

Not sure if I'm attaching these right...its all new to me :)

LensWork

Tonight's win by the Texas Rangers over the New York Yankees to send the Rangers to their first World Series in franchise history brought to mind this candid portrait I shot of New York Yankees coach Yogi Berra:

Yogi_Berra_©.jpg

It was my first MLB game to shoot as a working pro. It was opening day, April 8, 1978 at the old Arlington Stadium. Since the opponent that day for the Rangers was the defending World Series Champion Yankees, the first base photo well was brimming with veteran photogs. Although I arrived early and staked out a spot in the first base well (the preferred side to shoot from), as the space in the well filled, I being the "rookie", was relegated by the elder shooters to the third base well, from which I shot this image.

Last edited:

Ranie

Very nice Jen
Oh by the way, did you notice the glow lines on the left shoulder down to the elbow of your sister?
Was that due to PP?

Will V|Photography

My friends father. One of the best people I know and this man has seen more of the world than I could ever wish to. I know it's soft around the eyes but it was a quick shot without very much thought behind it.

Dennis by FLWill, on Flickr