Big is beautiful - how to?

wud

I also think what the client is wearing can be a major factor when the client is full figured. Clothes that are too tight, or don't fit right, will make it harder to take a flattering shot. I've seen beautiful shots of larger women, but often I've seen larger women in stores and on the street wearing clothes that is anything but flattering. I'm not sure how a photographer can approach this subject in efforts to help her look her best, without offending her due to this being such sensitive topic.

Good thoughts. But, for any photoshoot, it should be okay to say what/what not to wear, adjust their clothes etc. Of course it's way easier to make images of someone who knows how to dress him/herself, regardless of their size..

I'm thinking something which shows their neck/upper chest, and NOT super loose. Better to pose the body in the right angle, than trying to hide in a tent... feel okay with the size instead of trying to hide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wud

Jerry is one of the best..In this video he touches on posing bigger women..The whole video is about posing..I have watched it twice...

Very very good video. Thanks a lot. Just finished it and now I just wish I was out shooting ladies!

wud

Depends on what you mean by "big". Is it fat, obese women, or tall, amazon-like women, "athletic" type...?

Any? I'm just thinking ahead. Often I've seen images of bigger women, which made their arms look really small - like a dinasour - and I've been thinking, what? That can't be right. Her arm are the same size as any other women. It's of course because she was posed badly, it just shows easier, I think.

wud

Another thing I've been wondering about - when doing a full body image (small, big, man, woman, whatever), especially in the studio, I think its a little hard to figure out which hight to place my camera in??

If I get to high with it, I think it easily makes the body looks like the legs are to small, the upper body to big.
If getting to low, then the opposite.
I know to get in eye-hight with whatever you are shooting, I just dont think it works when doing a person who stands up.

In studio, I think its just a tiny move, which causes this. I of course concentrate and try to find the right spot, but I go by instinct and still haven't really figured out, which position works (for the camera).

Does anyone know what I am talking about, and do someone have some info about this?