BF Hammer's 2023 Phantasic Photos

BF Hammer

Visited a farmstead in Montecello, WI today. It has several historic buildings and the patriarch apparently takes great pride in maintaining them. I would have shot the house too but it kind of looked like it was needing some paint and I think the old man would not have appreciated the artistry of that so much.

It was also supposed to be a rainy day so I only had my infrared camera in my travels for work today. Was thinking of maybe catching some storm clouds. But monochrome seems to work with the stone barn well.

2023-09-25A.jpg
2023-09-25B.jpg
2023-09-25C.jpg
2023-09-25D.jpg

BF Hammer

It is a stone barn directly across the road from the first wooden structure. The date sign is 1869. All still with original family farmers. I think 4 generations living in main house. Was there servicing a printer.

BF Hammer

Another image of the Sun. This time I experimented with using the infrared-converted D600. I was hoping it would show some surface detail if I worked the image right in post. I used Siril to stack over 150 Raw images to increase resolution and average out noise. We can barely see the surface detail. Pretty active sunspots too.

Infrared Sun.jpg

BF Hammer

One more before year-end. I'm guessing this will be the final entry unless I see a snowy owl or something in the next 2 weeks.

Andromeda Galaxy from 12-14-2023.
Z5, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G VR lens (200mm). Manual f/2.8, 48 sec, ISO 3200, 72 exposures stacked. Much processing with SiRiL and GIMP.

Andromeda 2023C.jpg