Best way to sell Nikon FTZ ii Mount Adapter

blackstar

(Hope I am not wrong to post here)

Any suggestions on the best (fast) way to sell my like-new FTZii are appreciated (excluding eBay for the 10-15% fee and the process). Thanks. FYI, I am lucky on the way to buy Nikon Z 180-600mm to replace Sigma 150-600mm as being able to return Sigma for a full refund (It's like enjoyed using it for nearly a year for free. But pissed off from Adorama's $300 offer). So next thing: sell the FTZ.

BF Hammer

I have purchased used from KEH and investigated selling lenses to them. They make it much easier and less risky than ebay. But ultimately I just sell or trade in gear to my local camera store and try to keep them in business.

Your maximum sale potential will be with Facebook marketplace I think, but it could take time to get a bite. But you have to remember that smaller items like an FTZ need to be bought at around half of resale prices to make it worth it for a used dealer. Don't expect to get your money fully back on it like with returning your Sigma for refund.

Fred Kingston

There are 3 places that I use... MBP Photo at MBP.com, Robert's camera in Indianapolis, and KEH... It that order... Both MBP and Robert's have consistently offered more than KEH... MBP is my preferred because they're fast, reliable, and pay the shipping... However.... eBay will get you the most money... All the scammers from Craig's List have moved to Facebook Market Place.

You can get an idea of what these places will Offer you by looking to see what they sell Used ones for...and figure about 60-70% of that price.

Woodyg3

Contributor
Selling on your own is the only way to get full market value. Join the Back Country Galley forum and you can list items there for free, plus it's a nice forum. And, of course, you can list on the classifieds right here at Nikonites.

blackstar

Ok, MBP's the winner! (Thanks, Fred) They are fast and offer good quotes. I got a $50 quote from B&H where I bought the FTZ for $150 (discount price). Then I got a $140 quote from MBP instantly! The retail price is $250 for a new one. Think I actually get better than half of the retail price. But I am lucky again for this one. Thank you, everyone.

blackstar

Just let everyone know: Today I received Adorama's quote for the two items (Sigma and FTZ): $600. I think it's a fair price compared to B&H's $350. But I am lucky to receive the quote late after the return/refund (Sigma) and MBP's great quote (FTZ).

Bikerbrent

Just let everyone know: Today I received Adorama's quote for the two items (Sigma and FTZ): $600. I think it's a fair price compared to B&H's $350. But I am lucky to receive the quote late after the return/refund (Sigma) and MBP's great quote (FTZ).
What am I missing??? Adorama's quote for the two items (Sigma and FTZ) is $600. B&H quote is a fair price of $350!! Why is $600 better than $350???