Best photo software and hard case?

JohnFrench

Thanks Horoscope Fish I will check out IRFanview. Sounds about what I'm looking for. Too bad you live in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia with your admiration for the 1911. If you ever get to Pa. I'll show you my "other" hobby.

I use IRFanView too, have for years. At my level, I have found it to be adequate. For anything needing further tweaking, I use GIMP which is free as well.

Horoscope Fish

Thanks Horoscope Fish I will check out IRFanview. Sounds about what I'm looking for. Too bad you live in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia with your admiration for the 1911. If you ever get to Pa. I'll show you my "other" hobby.
I like IRFanview for doing things like quick and dirty crops, global-color adjustments (it's auto color-correct can be surprisingly good) and believe it or not, sharpening. If I need something more hard-core then I use Photoshop. Lightroom is fine, but I don't need (like) anything that wants to "catalog" my photos. I have them organized already, tyvm.

Photoshop maybe overkill for what I need but I get it for ten bucks a month (along with LR) via the Photography Program so cost is pretty much a moot point. Photoshop is also what I learned to edit on and I discovered right away I like how Photoshop "thinks"; it just "clicks" for me. People say it's difficult to learn but I don't think it's any more difficult to learn than any other software application. Then too, I don't need to MASTER Photoshop's every nuance, I need to learn how to do certain things; the rest I don't care about.

Then there's Google's NIK Collection (aka NIK Tools) and that is reason enough, all by itself, to have either Lightroom or Photoshop.