Best of the D750

ShootRaw

Some new work.. NanaBambooHatCC.jpgNanaFanCC.jpgNanaBambooRedCC.jpg

Blacktop

i like the detail but i think the background - even though bokeh'd - is still distracting. not sure how to fix that in PS..

Select out the flag,(the in focus part) then inverse your selection and try to make the background as dark as possible without it looking weird.

I'll give it a shot in a minute.

Blacktop

Here is a rough idea. It's late and I don't have time time to really refine the edges, but here is a rough idea of what I'm talking about.

Selected out the flag, then I made a layer out of it. Next I made a solid black new layer and I placed the flag over it. Like I said If I had the time I could have done a much better job of selecting.

28022588351_d76a3a3aea_c-Edit.jpg

Slipperman

Here is a rough idea. It's late and I don't have time time to really refine the edges, but here is a rough idea of what I'm talking about.

Selected out the flag, then I made a layer out of it. Next I made a solid black new layer and I placed the flag over it. Like I said If I had the time I could have done a much better job of selecting.
i tried something similar on my first attempt except i did a clear then a black fill in a single layer. this is what i got..

FlowerBr_091_092_HDR_out2_pef_grglt_blk.jpg

as you can see there's an obvious problem. this might have worked if i could have more precisely erased that outline but using the eraser tool sometimes makes things worse. and it's only there to begin with because i shrunk the selection slightly in an attempt to not get rid of the gradual blur of the flag in that area.

Chile7236

Nice shots. I have the same setup. The D750 and the Tamron 150-600.

it's a pretty nice set up IMO...I am thinking of picking up the v2 of the Tammy. I was kinda wondering if I'd miss out on the D500 AF but that's not the case for what I do so I love having the D750 and all the FF goodness it offers.

it's a pretty nice set up IMO...I am thinking of picking up the v2 of the Tammy. I was kinda wondering if I'd miss out on the D500 AF but that's not the case for what I do so I love having the D750 and all the FF goodness it offers.

I have a D7100 if I ever need the extra reach but so far the D750 is all I shoot. The wife shoots the D7100 most of the time now. The low light capability and the low noise/high ISO of the D750 is just fantastic.