Best macro lens

Ironwood

Just a word of warning, whichever lens you buy, it's very unlikely you will get great macro results right away, it takes practice , refining your technique, and perfecting your lighting. Your lighting is probably just as important as the lens, maybe more important.

Woodyg3

Contributor
Since nobody has yet mentioned it, the Tamron 180mm f/3.5 is a sharp lens that gives you some extra working distance. The autofocus is crazy slow, but that's seldom a concern with macro.

SkvLTD

The pre-Di Tamron SP90 and your choice of 2x TC. I got Kenko DGX Pro 300 cheap and it support screw AF in case you'd want it.

DSC_0172.jpgDSC_0179.jpg

harleridr

Hi
I have the Sigma 105. i have compared it with Nikon's and I think the Sigma is a little sharper. Just my opinion though.I use it on all of my bodies.
Harle

RocketCowboy

I’ve got the Tamron 90mm VC macro lens listed in the marketplace here that’s for sale. Great lens, I just don’t find myself shooting macro as much as I expected to when I got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Karn

The only thing I don't really like about macro lenses is the small depth of field, I was hoping to find one with a larger spread of clarity, are the larger mm lenses going to be the way to go with that?

RocketCowboy

The only thing I don't really like about macro lenses is the small depth of field, I was hoping to find one with a larger spread of clarity, are the larger mm lenses going to be the way to go with that?

Actually, the inverse. If you want better DOF, a wider angle lens (lower mm) will give that....but at the trade off of having to get the lens closer to your macro subject.

Even with a higher aperture, it’s not uncommon in macro photography to leverage focus stacking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk