Bbf

macduff

Hi , just got a new 750 , have bbf set up on 7100 , love it , on 7100 when I focus using back button I can let go recompose and take the shot usually in single point , al good .
on the 750 same set up but take finger off button recompose it won't fire , but will in af-c , I've looked through the web and this has come up with other users with no one giving a solution , no big deal just leave it on af-c , just wondered if any of the users on here have a similar issue .
Hi , just got a new 750 , have bbf set up on 7100 , love it , on 7100 when I focus using back button I can let go recompose and take the shot usually in single point , al good .
on the 750 same set up but take finger off button recompose it won't fire , but will in af-c , I've looked through the web and this has come up with other users with no one giving a solution , no big deal just leave it on af-c , just wondered if any of the users on here have a similar issue .
Thanks for the update. Its sounds like the d750 behaves just like the d7200, including the holding of the bb in af-s-fp and recomposing, just tried it. Interesting. I'm not thinking of any good use off-hand for af-s w/bbf, but interesting that Nikon has these subtle tweaks between similar models.
It took me a year to get used to bbf. Lots of back and forth and some missed shots in my confusion. Then it all clicked and I began finding great use for it in macro and wildlife. I leave it always at af-c, at most I change from single point to d9 or more for a bird in flight. I keep a U setting with shutter button focus in case I need to hand the camera to someone for a shot.

macduff

macduff

macduff

I have a D750 and always use BBF. I set to AF-C ALL the time. When using CL on my mode dial, I keep the BB pressed in ALL the time to ensure I get some of my shots in focus. This is useful when shooting birds at several feet away.

Bikerbrent

Hey macduff, are you repleading over and over (also known as Pete and Repeat)?

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.