Battery life D850

RocketCowboy

Hi,

My D850 has been to Nikon for the second time.
After a better and thorough search, Nikon found some kind of a problem and solved it completely.
This is in part due to a good guidance of a manager Coordinator Costumer Support of Nikon and the energy my dealer (Foto de Vakman) and I has put into this case.
Now I have the full confidence in my D850 again and will go enjoy making pictures.
I am now convinced that the battery life of my D850 will meet my expectations and I can make enough pics with it.
This problem is solved now for me, I'm going to enjoy making carefree pictures.
My confidence in Nikon will quickly rise back to the top level as it should be, after this temporary setback.
:encouragement:

What was the cause of the battery problem and how did Nikon correct the issue?

TL Robinson

I shoot my D850 quite regularly and have had days of 800+ shots with half or better on my battery. I just gripped with the EN-EL18 (clones, but solid clones) so we'll see how well that works.

RocketCowboy

Yeah. I’ve got some longer shoots coming up so this should suit well w/o needing to change up. It does get on the weighty side but I can use the workout anyway. :)

The grip makes up for the weight by giving my vertical controls. So that, plus not having to worry about the battery, more than make up for the added weight. Granted, when I carry two bodies, I don't usually add the grips.

TL Robinson

The grip makes up for the weight by giving my vertical controls. So that, plus not having to worry about the battery, more than make up for the added weight. Granted, when I carry two bodies, I don't usually add the grips.

Yeah I generally don't grip when lugging two bodies either....when I am using 2 bodies it's almost 100% of the time the 850 and the 750, each with fast glass attached, so weight is generally already up there...I used to grip all the time but I've gotten selective...one camera and a long night, grip, short night, no grip. Two camera's never grip. :)

RocketCowboy

Yeah I generally don't grip when lugging two bodies either....when I am using 2 bodies it's almost 100% of the time the 850 and the 750, each with fast glass attached, so weight is generally already up there...I used to grip all the time but I've gotten selective...one camera and a long night, grip, short night, no grip. Two camera's never grip. :)

Exactly my thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk