Battery grip for Nikon D7000

johncook

i've got the Meike one also, its great, I find it very comfortable to handle the camera, and all the buttons / functions work well. Save yourself the money I'd say

silverthornne

I recently bought a grip from Linkdelight; I think it's the Meike one (the box doesn't have any branding). Anyway, check my gallery as I put up some photos about it. You may like what you see as it's quite a cheap alternative that works extremely well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

HardCastle

I bought a Trevor made (Chineese) one. My camera often write an Err message. It worked without batteries, but after I take the six alkali batts in, ! had the Err message, and the d7000 frozen, green or purple color on lcd viewfinder. It was horrible. In the shop (I live in Hungary) they give me an other one: just the same problem. So they gave back the money. It was 21 000 Ft, about 80$.

Last edited:

Dooku77

I just went through this same thing a couple weeks ago lol. I spent the money on the Nikon grip and WOW this thin is solid. It's made of magnesium instead of plastic and the little tightening wheel is metal as well so it won't twist off the tightening screw. Spend the little extra and be happy with something that will last you a long time. I trusted the advice from fellow forum members that have this grip and I'm glad I did. Adds a nice weight to the camera. Good luck

Dooku77

I'm also after a battery grip and can't justify paying the Nikon price so I was also thinking about one of the Neewer grips.

Is anybody using a third party grip with a Blackrapid strap?

I'm concerned that it won't be strong enough and that would be my only justification to pay for a MB-D11

Regards

The high price is partly due to the build quality and material used to make the Nikon grip. It's actually magnesium instead of plastic with a metal shim running the length of the grip. I bought my MB-D11 and I don't regret it on bit. Hope this helps.