B/W studio portrait

fotojack

This is my attempt at "adjusting" it. :) What do you think?

helena-8875_web-2.jpg

Wiredin

I really really like this image. To me the original is just so close, what I would do is just move her right so her shoulder is almost touching the edge of the frame which extends the black on her left. It gives more negative space and behaves in the rule of thirds a bit better. I really don't like any of the other crops suggested, but my style of head shots is a horizontal with more space. I've actually been toying with the idea of doing a 16:9 ratio headshot shoot in the near future.

I really like the light wrap and fall off on her face, but wish I could see more separation between the sweater and the backdrop, that goes for her hair as well. It just kind of disappears to rapidly for me. Would like more of an outline.

On my monitor it has a bit of a haze to it. I would have upped the contrast just a tiny touch. or brought the black levels deeper and lightened the subject more.

It's a great image, I love it. Her eyes are saying a lot, and thats all you need.

helena-8875_web.jpg

thats kind of what I was thinking. hard to bring out those shadow details from a jpg.

Last edited:

RON_RIP

Is this better? I can't make a 'classic' portrait orientated image, as I haven't enough space at the bottom (and I refuse square).

helena-8875_web_copy.jpg
I am liking this one but would probably crop to a 4:5 aspect. The old standby of 8 x 10. Printed on paper to try and get the old silver gelatin effect and presented in a brushed silver frame in the Art Deco style. But that is just me__________