Autumn Colours

Peter7100

Autumn contrast.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Nikon D750, 24-120mm @55mm, aperture f/7.1, shutter 1/80", ISO 1250, photographed on November 12, 2021.

This was taken late in the day at 4:25pm with a golden setting sun to the left. In reality, the scene looked just like this. It rained earlier in the day which can make colors appear very vibrant and saturated. The autumn images I took this day are by far the most spectacular I've ever photographed with little post processing. I did use a CP filter, but this is how the colors looked to the eye. Up to this point (November 12th), we had little wind which allowed the trees to hold their leaves longer than normal.

Park.jpg

Peter7100

Peter, Autumn came so early to your place! We are mostly in green still.
I'm guessing it might be due to the fact that summer started for us end of May and basically finished end of June. The last three months have been very disappointing and the leaves are certainly changing now.

Clovishound

We would be happy to send some of our summer to you. Here it starts sometime in May and ends sometime in October. You can have July and August without any quarrel whatsoever. Temps in the 90s nearly every day. We are just now getting a slight taste of fall with highs in the low to mid 80s.