Anyone having trouble with checkerboard artifacts in the backgrounds with Topaz AI?

blackstar

Well, I have an Iris XE integrated graphics. It's not a high end gaming graphics, but it's supposed to be fairly capable, and isn't that old. I'm running an 11th generation i7 processor, and the machine was purchased new a few months ago.

I just looked at the system requirements, and it says for Intel, UHD 600 or higher. The Iris XE is newer than the UHD 600, and the articles I read on it, it performed better than the UHD 600. So it sure sounds like it should meet Topaz's system requirements, as does OS, processor, and RAM.
Hmm... maybe I underestimated your system's age. But then as Fred mentioned, I don't have a clue now. Sorry.

Clovishound

OK, I downloaded the stand alone programs and ran this same photo through Sharpen, Denoise, and then both. The artifacts did not show up, at least in this photo. I like Photo AI a little better than the stand alone programs, but at least I can work around this issue when it rears it's ugly head. I will contact Topaz in a day or two if I still haven't heard anything, but I don't holdout much hope for a fix anytime soon.

Clovishound

Hmm... maybe I underestimated your system's age. But then as Fred mentioned, I don't have a clue now. Sorry.
No problem. I'm known for being cheap about some things, but since I got back into photography, I decided to spend at least a little more than usual to upgrade my computer so that it would run editing software, at least a little faster than the older model I was working with. I couldn't see spending the price of a 180-600 Z lens on a new laptop, but I was willing to spend a bit more than I did on the last computer that was used primarily for surfing the internet.

Fred Kingston

Photo AI... there is no work being done on Sharpen or Denoise... Those models are built into Photo AI... There will be only 3 products. Photo AI, Gigapixel, and Topaz Video AI

Clovishound

Just for info, I finally heard back from Topaz. He said there was a new version coming out the end of the month. I assume that is the beta that Fred referred to. He said to wait until that comes out and see if the issue continues.

Fred Kingston

Just for info, I finally heard back from Topaz. He said there was a new version coming out the end of the month. I assume that is the beta that Fred referred to. He said to wait until that comes out and see if the issue continues.
If you want, you can email me the original file above, the one that shows the grid patterns, and I can test it with the current beta for you. [email protected]