AI PP is Great and Stinks

Bourbon Neat

I really like what can be done today, to most of my old images. On the other hand it is disappointing to realize that anyone can have an excellent image with the click of a mouse. I am now questioning every image I look at. My general stance is: whiskey straight, coffee black, and humans without cosmetic enhancements. This IA has now ruined my thinking of a great deal of our new "reality".

What do you think of photography and AI PP.

Peter7100

I think there has always been a level of PP, when you consider different darkroom techniques that happened many decades ago. It's just that there is much more available now.

Yes I agree that anyone can basically sit with a mouse and create more or less anything they wish and it's getting harder to distinguish between what has been tinkered with and what hasn't.

Having said that there is some positive to the AI PP world that now allow people to be creative where they may unable to get out and photograph what they wish.

BF Hammer

It is my preference and goal to not over-process photos in post. And it can be very easy to get carried away. Instead of "perfect" I instead look to achieve balance with what is natural. That appears to put me outside the norm with what is in fashion now, but it's my art so my choice.

blackstar

In the Art world, there is no boundary, natural or AI. And they are undeniably all mixed to indistinguishable and inseparable. What the world has become!

Sandpatch

Some photographers so strongly embrace PP technology that every picture they take ends up looking much the same. PP becomes a gimmick that results in a dull portfolio. I don't see it here, but elsewhere on the 'net I do. Growing up with film, I still pay close attention to the basics and don't expect my simple PP software to make a bad photo into a good one.