AF area brackets

Adam Forcade

Anybody know the magic trick to turning them off? I did this on my D500 when I bought it but cannot remember how I did it and can't find anything on the web

BF Hammer

Not sure what you are asking here. Could it be Autofocus Point Illumination or Autofocus Point Display? On my D750 those are on the Setup Menu>Autofocus.

Adam Forcade

This is what I want to get rid of. The owners manual calls it " autofocus area bracket" but offers no insight on how to turn it off.

Attachments

• Nikon.png
    Nikon.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 13

Adam Forcade

I have it gone from playback, what I want is to have it gone from the viewfinder. I know it is possible because I did it with my D500 but I cannot remember how! On my D500 I can move a single focus point all the way to the edge of the viewfinder, with the brackets present you cant move it past them

Adam Forcade

News to me. Mirrorless bodies do that, but I didn't know of any DSLR body that does.
Now I feel really stupid,lol. I pulled out my D500 to try to replicate whatever setting it was. The freaking bracket is there but it is jammed tight against the edges of the whole viewfinder and is basically invisible. Maybe because it is a crop sensor? But why isn't the bracket out against the edges of the viewfinder on the D850?