Adorama, wow!

Dave_W

The Dude
When you call (if you call, that is) ask for Helen in Customer service. She's a member here on Nikonites and she will work very hard to fix any issues you have with Adorama.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

HelenOster

I was going to order the D300 from them, but the guy can't tell me the shutter count. He said that information is not available.
See ya.

I'm really sorry that this was your experience; it sounds as though you may have dialled through to the CS call center - who actually don't have access to that info. With over 28,000 used pieces in the warehouse, we don't as a rule take and record shutter counts unless we are actually asked. But if we are, it isn't usually a problem to do within 24 hours.
Next time (and for any query, actually!!) you are most welcome to email me directly: [email protected]

BTW, all except X grade ie sold-as-seen come with a 30-day returns period for exchange or refund.

Vixen

I've found that nowadays practically ALL customer service and sales people suck eggs. I don't know how they got and keep their jobs, but some of the answers I've gotten are either lies, half truths, or plain lame. I used to work in sales, and I gave people correct information even if it slowed me down. I also returned calls and got back to customers when I said I would. I was usually in the top 3 sales performers pretty much everywhere I sold. I hate buying stuff now because you can't trust the sales people for accurate information.

Totally agree, but also think that no-one can know everything so at some stage they are not going to know the answer or give the correct info

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Totally agree, but also think that no-one can know everything so at some stage they are not going to know the answer or give the correct info

....and all I ask is if they do not know the answer, don't lie or mislead me. Either get off of your keister and ask someone who does know, or just admit you're not sure. I can handle it if someone simply tells me they don't know something. I won't go ballistic on them. I realize they may not know but I HATE when salespeople or customer service people just lie or tell you half truths just to get you out of their hair.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I'm really sorry that this was your experience; it sounds as though you may have dialled through to the CS call center - who actually don't have access to that info. With over 28,000 used pieces in the warehouse, we don't as a rule take and record shutter counts unless we are actually asked. But if we are, it isn't usually a problem to do within 24 hours.
Next time (and for any query, actually!!) you are most welcome to email me directly: [email protected]

BTW, all except X grade ie sold-as-seen come with a 30-day returns period for exchange or refund.

Thanks Helen, for taking the time to respond. It's not my complaint, but I love it when someone like yourself goes out of their way to help others outside of what is expected. That's why I like Adorama. I will continiue to shop there because of people like you!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
When I do the same thing, I get 3 pages, and they're film cameras only... wow!! :)

Fred, I think you did what I did the first time I searched there. I suspect you selected Nikon Auto Focus cameras once you were on the page with the grid. You need to scroll further down the page for the Digital section then choose Nikon Digital. Their layout could be a little better IMHO.

And out of curiosity I did a USED search for D300 and brought up one refurbished D300s. Not sure why that type of search doesn't bring up the two D300 bodies that show up when searching the other way.

Blacktop

Just got off the phone with Adorama. Less then 8000 actuations.
Placed the order for it shoul be here next tuesday.

399.00 plus shipping.

Blacktop

Fantastic! It's going to be a looooonnnnng weekend for you now though! lol

I'll be too busy working my but off this weekend. Memorial day is coming monday, and everyone is buying Cokes to stock up. I worked 14 hours today going back and forth from warehouse to warehouse.
Memorial day, Labor day, and 4th of July are a killer.