Adaptor for Rodenstock Scitex S-3 67 mm F4.9

kasperbergholt

Clovishound

Your post got me to thinking, I know, dangerous for me. I could get an M42 to F mount adapter for $15. I have some old screw mount lenses that I could use on my Z5. I also have a reversing ring and some extension tubes as well. I could rig up a neat little macro setup. Or, I could just borrow my daughter's 105 F2.8 micro.

For what it's worth, I would be looking for an older manual manual Nikon lens. Something with a mechanical aperture ring. These should be available quite inexpensively. A set of extension tubes is very inexpensive, and you could add a reversing ring to the setup in order to get extreme closeups. For vacuum tubes, I think the 50mm and a set of three extension tubes should do the job nicely. A modern macro lens made by or for the Nikon would be simpler, and likely better image quality, but would be a good bit more expensive.

kasperbergholt

Perhaps this would work. Leica M39 to Nikon F mount. No infinity focus, macro only. The price is right.

Amazon

Your post got me to thinking, I know, dangerous for me. I could get an M42 to F mount adapter for $15. I have some old screw mount lenses that I could use on my Z5. I also have a reversing ring and some extension tubes as well. I could rig up a neat little macro setup. Or, I could just borrow my daughter's 105 F2.8 micro.

For what it's worth, I would be looking for an older manual manual Nikon lens. Something with a mechanical aperture ring. These should be available quite inexpensively. A set of extension tubes is very inexpensive, and you could add a reversing ring to the setup in order to get extreme closeups. For vacuum tubes, I think the 50mm and a set of three extension tubes should do the job nicely. A modern macro lens made by or for the Nikon would be simpler, and likely better image quality, but would be a good bit more expensive.
Thank you for the feedback. I've ordered the Nikon 60mm AF-S 2.8 ED for the tube project - but got carried away with Rodenstock, don't really know why - other than it could be fun :)

kasperbergholt

That's a standard M39 mount... of course, there are a brazillian better, modern, macro lenses that will at least auto-focus and interface with the features of your camera...

Thank you for the feedback. Reading the description of the lens:

"The source for this lens was a Scitex 340 Smart Scanner, that origionally sold for $30,000 usd in 1996"

I was of the impression that the technology would be above-average in comparison to modernly prodcued lenses (and equally important: I love old stuff).

I've ordered the Nikon 60mm AF-S 2.8 lens - it would be fun to do a 1:1 comparison.

Clovishound

I think you will be happier with the modern macro lens. It will be easier to use, likely better quality images, and you may find other uses for the camera/lens combo than taking pictures of tubes.