Actuation's count

canuck257

It's arrived Yipeeeee! I'm really happy except for one thing----------- The darn battery is taking tooooo long to charge and the light is fading. Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

aroy

Even my D3300 had 1 as shutter count
Please note that it is the shutter activation count which is stored, not the number of images taken.
. Each image shot is one count.
. Each HDR image is 3 counts.
. Each video segment is one count.
. Every time you enter Live View, it is one count - no extra count if taking a video, but two counts for each image (one for taking the image and one for entering the Live View after the image).
. Every time you raise the shutter for sensor cleaning, it is one count.

I just checked my shutter count and it is 263 more than the image sequence number (which is 26,806)

Last edited:

Jonas Grumby

Thanks @aroy. As an experiment this weekend I made a point of not using HDR or Live View and I did get one actuation per image. It made me wonder if looking through the lens with the phone app is also an actuation (or three if you take a photo). Do you know?

aroy

Viewing through an external link should not matter, as long as the shutter is not actuated each time the link is established. I tested it by connecting my D3300 to the computer via a USB cable and using DigiCam Pro to shoot. The external application takes the camera controls and the shutter is fired only when a shot is taken.