A wolf spider that was terrorizing my household

thegaffney

This is probably the biggest spider I've ever seen, was probably about 4-5 inches from leg to leg

This was done with my 70-200, but that still put me closer than I wanted to get to it

DSC_5048.jpg

nickt

Nasty creatures. Their eyes are big enough that you can see the blue reflective glow from a distance when the flashlight beam hits them. I've only seen them about 3" around here, still too big for comfort.

Mike150

Glad we don't get anything like that in the UK,

I'd be more than willing to package some up and send them to you. The don't get that big here. Wife insists I stomp them as soon as they're seen. If I'm not around, she will drown them in Raid bug killer. By her measure, one aerosol can will kill two spiders. Then I have to mop up the mess when I get home.

Englischdude

wow, great shot. I used to have 2 tarantulas as pets so I am not too freaked by spiders, however I once I was staying in Tullamarine near melbourne australia for a few weeks helping start up the company down there, I was doing something in the workshop one day when I found a shed spider skin. the thing was huge. My colleague told me it was a huntsman, completely harmless to humans but nonetheless surprising if you are suddenly confronted. the eerie feeling was that finding the skin means the original owner is still lurking somewhere.... and is now even bigger :D

Blacktop

I love spiders. We had one living next to the porch steps for about a month this summer. I observed her every morning when going to work and at the evening when coming home. Each day for some reason she would spin a different web and sometimes move it a few feet this way or that way. We got to be friends, and after a while I even named her 1970's Loni Anderson.
Then one day she was gone. Disappeared just as mysteriously as she appeared a month earlier.
I miss 1970's Loni Anderson. :(

SkvLTD

Saw a huntsman about that size in Hawaii. Boy was my friend freaking out when she noticed it, all while I just wanted to go back to sleep.