A very hard time for my family

Michael J.

Bill, I read your words and I can feel that you're so happy. Let me tell you something, we are all happy too. Give your wife a big hug from me

Bill16

I'm afraid I don't have the cash for that! Lol But I know what you mean! Even though I know how to cook, I find myself eating mostly what is easiest and makes the least mess I'll need to clean up! Lol :)

Glad to hear that. My wife was in the hospital a few years ago for about a week. It's unbelievable how much pizza a man can eat in a week unsupervised.

RocketCowboy

I'm afraid I don't have the cash for that! Lol But I know what you mean! Even though I know how to cook, I find myself eating mostly what is easiest and makes the least mess I'll need to clean up! Lol :)

That would be PIZZA! One pizza is good for three meals, is a single box, and no plates required. :)

Make sure you're getting sleep too. Under stress I usually sacrifice food first and sleep second, both of which will catch up to you.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Bill, I'm glad to hear she is improving. I don't know how things work where you are, but around here the rehab facilities are separate from the hospitals. There are several around this area...some are better than others. Be sure to know ahead of time how things will transpire.

There are usually at least two different levels of care. One is acute, but I can't remember the name of the other. If she is able to get around somewhat (not totally unable to walk), then most likely she wouldn't fall into the acute category. I'd suggest asking her social worker about the process. Here we are able to select from a list of facilities so we don't have to settle for wherever they decide to place someone; however, it will depend upon where a bed is available.

Around here some facilities are really good while others are sub-par. It might help if you know your options ahead of time. The quality of rehab she receives just might make a difference. Please at least check on this before she is discharged from the hospital and know your options ahead of time. You might even be able to get some friends and relatives to give you feedback on which facilities are better than others. If they don't know, a general family doctor who does patient visits in facilities would know, and so would clergy. :)

Bill16

Thanks buddy! We did that. :)

Bill, I'm glad to hear she is improving. I don't know how things work where you are, but around here the rehab facilities are separate from the hospitals. There are several around this area...some are better than others. Be sure to know ahead of time how things will transpire.

There are usually at least two different levels of care. One is acute, but I can't remember the name of the other. If she is able to get around somewhat (not totally unable to walk), then most likely she wouldn't fall into the acute category. I'd suggest asking her social worker about the process. Here we are able to select from a list of facilities so we don't have to settle for wherever they decide to place someone; however, it will depend upon where a bed is available.

Around here some facilities are really good while others are sub-par. It might help if you know your options ahead of time. The quality of rehab she receives just might make a difference. Please at least check on this before she is discharged from the hospital and know your options ahead of time. You might even be able to get some friends and relatives to give you feedback on which facilities are better than others. If they don't know, a general family doctor who does patient visits in facilities would know, and so would clergy. :)

BarefootPilgrim

Bill, it's disappointing that your wife is not yet ready for rehab, but the bright side is: she's much, much better than a week ago. And that's a good sign.

I know that subsisting on pickles and cheese sandwiches eaten at home alone ain't the beez knees, but sometimes all we can do is accept the small blessings we're dealt and look forward to bigger ones. It'll happen, you know it will. And we'll keep praying that she recovers as quickly as possible.

Bill16

Today is a good day for my wife and I! They finally found the cause of her illness and she's finally getting treated for it! So I can truly believe she's on the road to recovery, and that is a huge relief! :D
Sure she'll still have rehab, but at least now I can feel less worry that she'll be sent to rehab before she's ready for it! :D

Englischdude

Today is a good day for my wife and I! They finally found the cause of her illness and she's finally getting treated for it! So I can truly believe she's on the road to recovery, and that is a huge relief! :D
Sure she'll still have rehab, but at least now I can feel less worry that she'll be sent to rehab before she's ready for it! :D

Hi Bill,

that is great news. I have not posted too much but I have been following the progress. I cant emphasize strongly enough how important it is that you look after yourself. Sleep and eating is necessary, but also make sure you have the opportunity to talk abut the situation, not in order to get answers, but just to get anything off your chest. although your wife is going through a rough time at the moment, it is also ok for you to indulge in a little self pity from time to time. talk to your mates, scream down the toilet, cry into your pillow, whatever is necessary to keep you balanced during this challenging time. you are important too.

all us Nikonites all over the globe are thinking of you and wishing you all the very best. Please pass on my heartfelt thoughts to your wife.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

It's always a great news when they do find the cause of the illness and can start a treatment that has a proven track record.

We will keep praying and hoping for your wife's recovery so you can pickup your life as it was before this challenge.