A guy and his violin

WhiteLight

Nice lighting and photography mai.. Though as others have mentioned, rockstar on a violin look doesn't work ask that well.
But you definitely moving in the right direction with your photography!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

wud

Nice lighting and photography mai.. Though as others have mentioned, rockstar on a violin look doesn't work ask that well.
But you definitely moving in the right direction with your photography!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

hugging-smiley-Huggalo.gif

Thank you. Lets just hope the guy thinks its all good ;)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
So you would have preferred a more concentrated look? Or are he just not having the right attitude in your opinion? Just wondering, as I'm not really getting any inspiration from "don't like". It's of course totally okay if you don't have suggestions, I'm just curious if it can be improved.

<3 ? I'm writing from a phone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay...you asked. LOL. His facial expressions in numbers 1, 2, 3, and 5 remind me of a baby who is about to have a dirty diaper. ;)

I would prefer to see intense concentration. I've seen zany contemporary musicians with various types of expressions (like KISS with their tongues out), but IMHO his expressions in those 4 photos don't look like expressions I'd see on any musician. It's as though he is trying to act in a way he normally doesn't act. Photos 5 and 7 are awesome though! :)

wud

Okay...you asked. LOL. His facial expressions in numbers 1, 2, 3, and 5 remind me of a baby who is about to have a dirty diaper. ;)

I would prefer to see intense concentration. I've seen zany contemporary musicians with various types of expressions (like KISS with their tongues out), but IMHO his expressions in those 4 photos don't look like expressions I'd see on any musician. It's as though he is trying to act in a way he normally doesn't act. Photos 5 and 7 are awesome though! :)

Okay :) thanks for your reply. The last image I like too, but it does not at all say: I play punk. I agree on the first image, it looks a little weird - head popping up and all. Don't know about the rest. Maybe to much, maybe not.

Well I'll go through the rest and see how I see them now. Could be I find some better ones.

I appreciate you taking your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nidding

Hello.
I really like the photos.
Admitted they are a bit over the top, but I would say that whats punk is all about anyways.
I don't know about the background in the colour photos, somehow it doesn't really fit the image. I know you probably don't have a flame backdrop or something like that in your studio, but something a little less 'dull' might have suited the image better. In the BW photos it fits right in though.
As for the model, I think he's really trying too hard in 1, 2, and 3. 4 and 5 are just right for my taste, and I think they are just great. 6 is great as well, but as mentioned, it might not come of as all that punk :)

Is the pink violin bow some kind of gimmick? If it is, I think it's too subtle and would have prefered a more neutral colour. Again I think it works well in the BW photos.

Good job! :)

...and I love the guys' t-shirt. I have a friend who played in that band, and got all excited when I saw some dude on a photography forum wear it (and then I realised you were from Denmark as well, which made it a little less surprising ;))

wud

Hello. I really like the photos. Admitted they are a bit over the top, but I would say that whats punk is all about anyways. I don't know about the background in the colour photos, somehow it doesn't really fit the image. I know you probably don't have a flame backdrop or something like that in your studio, but something a little less 'dull' might have suited the image better. In the BW photos it fits right in though. As for the model, I think he's really trying too hard in 1, 2, and 3. 4 and 5 are just right for my taste, and I think they are just great. 6 is great as well, but as mentioned, it might not come of as all that punk :) Is the pink violin bow some kind of gimmick? If it is, I think it's too subtle and would have prefered a more neutral colour. Again I think it works well in the BW photos. Good job! :) ...and I love the guys' t-shirt. I have a friend who played in that band, and got all excited when I saw some dude on a photography forum wear it (and then I realised you were from Denmark as well, which made it a little less surprising ;))

Hello there! Funny to meet someone from "home" :)) I see you just signed up, you found a great place! Hope you'll stick around.

Well you should know this kind of music then (classic Ungdomshuset punk), and the pink bow actually fits the violin as it got pink on it too. About the back drop, maybe you're right, but all I got are white, black and grey as it is now. Could be some vignetting could help.

dramtastic

Very Cool and hey, it's a rock and roll face so I get it. I pull the same look playin' air guitar to the Sex Pistols/Clash/Ramones. :applause: