A Great Review of the 1New 80-600MM

Danno

That is a good review. Thanks, Woody! I am on the list at my local shop. I like the internal zoom over the extended zoom. I am anxious to see it in person when they are released.

I have not completely committed yet, but I am about 90%. Weight is my concern. If it is not measurably lighter and it is easier to handle than my 200-500 I may pass on it. I do not need another lens I have trouble handling.

Woodyg3

Contributor
That is a good review. Thanks, Woody! I am on the list at my local shop. I like the internal zoom over the extended zoom. I am anxious to see it in person when they are released.

I have not completely committed yet, but I am about 90%. Weight is my concern. If it is not measurably lighter and it is easier to handle than my 200-500 I may pass on it. I do not need another lens I have trouble handling.
I assume you want a zoom instead of a prime? Otherwise the 500 PF is light and crazy sharp. It's not a Z mount, but I have heard from people I trust that it works just as well or better on the Z cameras. It's also pretty expensive, I had to save my pennies for a while to afford that lens. :)

BTW, the 180-600 is supposed to be 300 grams lighter than the 200-500. That's about 2/3 of a pound.

Last edited: