50 iso

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I don't have a need to use ISO 50 yet but ISO 100 works just fine with me. For waterfalls, to get a slower shutter speed, use a ND filter to cut down the light and increase your aperture as necessary.

Scott Murray

I use ISO 50 when I cannot get the required shutter speed for water falls, I also use it on most days here when its full sunlight. I am unsure of the quality difference between ISO 50 & 100 though.

BackdoorArts

I've not used 50 yet as I will normally go with an ND if I need to slow the shutter. 100 is native for the D800, so I would expect it to be as noise free as you'll get, though you may not see much of a difference.

kiwi86

For occasional shooting waterfalls I do not need ND filters. But also a bit annoying…. Manual focusing, conversions shutter speed …
I'll wait for the appropriate cloudy weather because I want time about 3 s.
Instead f8 or f9 I will use f/16 and maybe 50 ISO.

Silven

I find that depending on the flow rate, (ie, the general speed of the water.) and general light is how I adjust my shutter speed and F stop. I usually shoot it at ISO 100 and use a graduated ND filter to get from 1/3 to 1 second exposure. Otherwise the water just looks like a blob of white. I like to be able to tell that it's water. F8, being the optimum stop for most landscape shots, is usually a good start too.

nmccamy

I read somewhere that ISO 50 may not give the most accurate exposure or color rendition. Has anyone encountered any problems with ISO 50?