3 weeks off

Vixen

Good call. No fun in a cyclone in a tent. I haven't driven across the top, most of my travel has been in the centre of our island. It's on my bucket list :D Have to say it looks great up there....nice n green :D

Think we will stay on night only here.

f6cae91e27ae82a6f0dc5dae40d001a5.jpg

It takes 30 seconds to set the tent up.

Sent from my Sony Xperia XZ Down Under

Ironwood

My parents took a direct hit from Cyclone Yasi which was a cat5, they are relieved that this one is forecast to cross the coast to the south of them.
It is forecast to cross the coast to the north of me, but people here are panic buying already. The supermarkets shelves are bare of bread and milk, bottled water is getting low as well.
I have got beer, and 25 litres of diesel for the generator. Should be right :)

Scott Murray

My parents took a direct hit from Cyclone Yasi which was a cat5, they are relieved that this one is forecast to cross the coast to the south of them.
It is forecast to cross the coast to the north of me, but people here are panic buying already. The supermarkets shelves are bare of bread and milk, bottled water is getting low as well.
I have got beer, and 25 litres of diesel for the generator. Should be right :)

Fingers crossed that it does mate. But you never know with these things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ironwood

Fingers crossed that it does mate. But you never know with these things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I have learnt anything from living my whole life in cyclone country, it's that they are unpredictable . But there is no sense in panicking, as long as you have enough food in the cupboard for at least 5 days, and a guaranteed water supply, you will be right.
The biggest problem is the media, they carry on telling people to stock up on food and supplies and prepare to evacuate at short notice because we all could be inundated by a tidal surge. We have so many people living here that haven't been through a cyclone before and don't know any better, they go and spend $1000 or more on food that needs to be refrigerated or frozen, and have no generator back-up, so when the power is cut, they lose it all. We see it happen too often.

Ironwood

All good mate back home now.
You missed all the fun over hear Scott :)
We got hammered by the cyclone yesterday, now today smashed by rain. I tipped out 700mm ( 28 inches ) from the rain gauge today, but the gauge overflowed at one stage, so we lost some and not sure how much, and there is more in there now, and some more rain coming on the radar. Hopefully once this rain band passes that will be the last of it, fingers crossed.

Scott Murray

You missed all the fun over hear Scott :)
We got hammered by the cyclone yesterday, now today smashed by rain. I tipped out 700mm ( 28 inches ) from the rain gauge today, but the gauge overflowed at one stage, so we lost some and not sure how much, and there is more in there now, and some more rain coming on the radar. Hopefully once this rain band passes that will be the last of it, fingers crossed.

I hope you are staying safe mate, looks pretty bad from what I have seen.
I am unsure how the Oztent would have fared in those conditions.