24-70 almost here

crycocyon

You also can't go wrong with the beauty of Victoria. I have fond memories of visiting there when I was a teen. I also spent some time shooting on the Queen Charlotte Islands. Certainly the most beautiful forest anywhere that I've seen....congrats on the new lens! Can you do comparison shots of your 85 1.8G and this lens at 70? I'd be really interested in seeing just how good this lens is against a top notch prime, especially with an FX camera like the D600.

Drew Wat

Yes Victoria is beautiful with the flowers and the gardens everywhere. I am looking so forward to my own back garden this summer with the 105 macro. I am a bit of a garden nut too as it seems to be part of living in Victoria and the tulips and daffodils are all getting ready to bloom. If you like taking pictures of flowers this is the place to be. I am also getting a pass to the Butchart gardens this year too. I wish that I could give a comparison between the 85 prime and the 70 but I skipped the 85 for the 105 macro. What I have read is that the 24-70 is one of the best that has been made. It is a pro lens for a reason. I have gone the route of less expensive third party lenses in the past but this time I want to spend the money and get only the best lenses. Next will be to take a course to unlearn all the bad habits that I have developed.