1st real wedding

Scott Murray

They always look good in camera :D

Great job she should be over the moon with those,think i did say to make it easier you need an assistant plus you can blame them for any mistakes :D

Very nice...you took some great shots,with some hard conditions.Everything looks nice and crisp and exposed well,congrats on a job well done
Thanks guys. You should have seen the condition at the reception. It was not ideal at all. One section had like a circus tent set up (red/white ceiling). With coloured lights running the length. And where the band and first dance is the ceiling is angled to a point and covered in a foil insulation, definitely mafe it for interesting shots.

Krs_2007

Great job Scott. My wife asked me if I would do a wedding, someone at her asked her and I told her no way. I am no where near ready to do a wedding or baby shots, which the baby shots was my wife's second question to me. I am sure you were nervous as I know I would be.

Mike D90

Those look great Scott! Post up some more when you get them done. And give us more details on what went on and what you were thinking at the time and h ow you overcame the pressure. Details mate! Deeetails!

Ironwood

Looks like you came through with flying colours Scott. As we all knew you would.

Do you have a number in mind of the final amount of shots that you want to give them ?
I agree that 1100 is too many, it would be overwhelming getting that many shots and having to go through them all.

Scott Murray

Well this is the lighting I was faced with.

D60_1745.jpg

Scott Murray

Looks like you came through with flying colours Scott. As we all knew you would.

Do you have a number in mind of the final amount of shots that you want to give them ?
I agree that 1100 is too many, it would be overwhelming getting that many shots and having to go through them all.
I am thinking 200-300. There are some good candids and getting ready shots which they will like and laugh about, not technically perfect but I wanted to capture the moment.

fotojack

Scott, nice job. Keep the final tally to around a hundred, and they'll be happy. Any more than that and it gets tedious. Then again...depends on how much they're paying you for the shoot. :)
And don't be afraid to crop out parts you don't like! :)

rocketman122

That is exactly what I have started doing, some do jump out and I have tweaked those ones but I need to reduce the number by quite alot, even though my friend (the bride wants them all) I know not to give them all.

only the best 3 stars and up. if its a necessary photo, meaning, a regular snapshot dont add it, if its something of an important family member you need to include it.

Well this is the lighting I was faced with.

View attachment 74006
You did great. all the preparations paid off. lovely photos. I was worried you would have an issue with the backlit lighting. very nice pic above. shooting hard lighting situations on the fly is very difficult. not sure many would be able to hit it properly. you will probably need to recover highlights or shadows in most. just worry about face exposure. dress/suit, sky background is important, but the face is the priority.

but crap I hate WA focal lengths. the 2 girls on the left will not like the picture HAHA, left one, got stretched out and cut. you slimmed her down a bit with the crop. I just hate using anything wider than 28mm with people. just not an aesthetic focal length. sometimes you have no choice because you have no space to go back and get a longer FL.

Last edited: