Search results

  1. E

    Post Your Landscape Photos

    Simonside, Rothbury Northumberland. It's beautiful up there now with the heather in flower.
  2. E

    Let's See your Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 VR Images

    @Lee532 great shots and I especially like the one of the Swift, they're probably my favourite bird and very rapid well done getting that shot!
  3. E

    Post your Mammals

    Brown Hare. This shot required a very rapid lens switch from the 35mm. Unfortunately that meant he was just about to disappear through an ugly gate by the time I was ready with the 70-300mm. Seconds earlier he was on a nice grassy verge. Maybe I could do with a 16-300 like wev...
  4. E

    August Monthy Challenge: Colorful Bokeh

    2nd entry. Rowan berries.
  5. E

    August Monthy Challenge: Colorful Bokeh

    My 1st entry.
  6. E

    Post your Horse shots

    Today I found some sort of weird horse zebra hybrid. A ZORSE!
  7. E

    Post your Birds in Flight

    A couple more from today.
  8. E

    Post your Birds in Flight

    I've been wanting to get a reasonable photo to post in this thread since I first joined the forum. Today I finally managed to get one. A small group of Greylag Geese. Unfortunately it's been a fairly dull day so I had to bump the ISO more than I'd have liked...
  9. E

    Post Your Landscape Photos

    Here are a few of my landscape shots, all taken in Northumberland UK.
  10. E

    Abandoned

    Here's a B&W version
  11. E

    Abandoned

    A bit more like this?
  12. E

    Post your Horse shots

  13. E

    Post your Horse shots

  14. E

    Abandoned

    So I wasn't able to get the shot I wanted for last weeks weekly challenge, as rain drove me back to my car before I could get up to the main Rothley Castle ruins. I managed to head back up there today and get a few shots. The lighting was a bit boring but I'm reasonably happy with some of the...
  15. E

    Help with lens please

    If like me you have the old non VR 18-55 then I'd look at upgrading to the latest VRII version as it seems pretty highly rated. I'm happy enough with my older 18-55 and really like the close focusing it offers. I've just picked a 35mm 1.8G lens as I wanted a sharp, fast prime that doesn't break...
  16. E

    Front door views

    I'm pretty lucky with the view I've got now, my last house overlooked an ASDA car park! These are both views from the front of my house.
  17. E

    Weekly challenge Aug 6 through 12. Abandoned

    So here's my first entry in any type of photo challenge. It part of a Castle ruins near Rothley, Northumberland, UK. I'd have liked to have got some more shots from more angles but I had to "abandon" shooting as there was a massive rain cloud headed my way, don't be fooled by the blue sky in the...
  18. E

    What's a tagger?

    @RocketCowboy just figuring out how this tagging works...
  19. E

    Nikon 70-300 vr vs Tamron 70-300 vc

    I would imagine you probably can't go wrong with either, but I believe the Tamron offers better value for money. There were a couple of kittens in my garden this morning, presumably feral. Here is one picture I took of them, with a tight crop of the same image below. JPEG straight out of the...
  20. E

    Nikon 70-300 vr vs Tamron 70-300 vc

    I can't be of any help regarding a direct comparison but I have the Tamron and would recommend it to anyone. All my research suggested they were fairly equal, some saying the Tamron was sharper, others the Nikon. The VC on the Tamron is excellent, in a youtube video I watched recently, Matt...
Top