Search results

  1. bluzman

    Post Your Birds (3)

  2. bluzman

    Post your Bees in Flight photos!

  3. bluzman

    Post your Photographing the photographer.

    Another geezer like me but with a Sony A1.
  4. bluzman

    Skimming the surf

    D River State Recreation Site, Lincoln City, OR FWIW, I miss the ocean, too, now that I live near DFW.
  5. bluzman

    Skimming the surf

  6. bluzman

    Post your Birds in Flight

  7. bluzman

    Post your Mammals

    Whales are feeding near the kelp beds off shore at Depoe Bay, OR.
  8. bluzman

    Some shots from a P7800

    It's been a while since I had a Coolpix camera. Recently, though, I got interested in the P7800...an oldie, released in 2013. It arrived yesterday. Here are some first shots. BTW, after posting, I noticed that the date in the EXIF data was wrong. I must have fat fingered the set up. :geek:
  9. bluzman

    Post your latest purchases.

    I succumbed to a bout of G.A.S. this week and bought a used Coolpix P7800 on Amazon. I've owned several Coolpix cameras (P530, B700, P1000 & A1000) over the years. I sold all of them once I started shooting wildlife in action with Nikon ILCs. One of the things that attracted my interest is that...
  10. bluzman

    Post your favorite August 2024 shot

    The harbor in Newport, Oregon
  11. bluzman

    D500 still worth it in 2024?

    Well done. Enjoy it.
  12. bluzman

    D500 still worth it in 2024?

    It's a great camera. I got mine for shooting wildlife but it will handle most anything. I kept my D7500 as a very capable backup. I've had mainly excellent experiences purchasing used cameras. I got my D500 from MPB 3 years ago for ~$1,250. The shutter count was less than 4,800.
  13. bluzman

    Copenhagen, Denmark

    I do but they were all taken with film cameras and I've never digitized them.
  14. bluzman

    Copenhagen, Denmark

    Many years ago, long before I retired, I was a "peddler", selling my employer's wares in the Scandinavian countries. Sometimes I had business at the shipyard in Malmö. On those occasions, I made it a point to stay in Copenhagen either at the Hotel d'Angleterre or the Admiral Hotel so that in the...
  15. bluzman

    Racing classic sailing yachts

    Your pictures stir up memories of when The Americas Cup was a contest between 12 meter boats. Much more interesting than what it eventually morphed into IMO.
  16. bluzman

    Some birds in the yard

    Sparrows Steller's Jay, the only crested jay found west of the Rockies
  17. bluzman

    Racing classic sailing yachts

    Your post reminded me of my first experience on a sailboat. I was in college in the early '60s. A buddy who was an accomplished sailor, recruited me and a couple of other guys from school as deckhands to help him sail a beautiful 45' wooden sailboat from Marblehead, MA to Boothbay Harbor, ME...
Top