Tami Jo King's Photo Thread

nikonpup

anyone know what type of duck this is? I don't believe i've seen this variety before.
2483m1.jpg
the duck is an american wigeon the other is just an old coot.

Tami Jo

I'd seriously debate the 28 G if you are thinking about a bit wider TJ but that is just me...an old fast 20 MF Nikkor on DX will do amazing stuff too look at Pierro.

The 28 1.8G or the 28 2.8D? I have looked at both and am wondering how they would fare in comparison to the 35 1.8G. These decisions are so tough...

Tami Jo

Great lens isn't it?

It's a little slow and I've missed a few shots but I really love the extended focal length. And I do LOVE the lens :eek: I did contemplate the 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 ED IF VR II but I passed on it. I have heard they are close in quality and since the 55-300 f/4.5-5.6 ED VR II was cheaper I ended up going with it. If I use it a bit more frequently I will get more familiar with it and be better able to compensate for it's limitations.

fotojack

TJ....just a personal thought: your watermark still seems to be just a little too big. See how it runs into that tree the bird is sitting on? A little distracting. Maybe a font size or 2 down would would work better.......what do you think? :) Like I said, this is just a personal opinion.

Tami Jo

DSC_2183M3.jpgThis was taken in late October before the field was harvested. These birds were enjoying a feeding frenzy and offering the observers a splendid display.