Weekly Challenge Nov 10-17: Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotojack

Jack, please fix that strand that is sticking up out of place, it's driving me nuts. guess it's the old military in me. Thanks

Yeah, I saw that loose strand AFTER I posted it here! lol My bad. I'll do better next time. :) My old age is finally showing, eh! :)

khawkins2001

My Prize Macro "The Wower" (Sorry, picture taken two days too early)
20101104_77a.jpg

Last edited:

Browncoat

EXIF data readers are picking up a few images posted here that are outside of the allowed date range for this challenge. Per the challenge rules, those images are not eligible to win!

Please check your file dates and submit another photo if you have posted an image that was taken before 11/6.

jmaas

lonelyfallflower.jpg well this was a febble attempt, but here it is. It's an older photo, I was really busy this week.

khawkins2001

View attachment 760

EXIF
Camera: Nikon D90
Mode: Manual
ISO: 200
f/5.6 @ 1/200
Lens: Sigma 70-300mm Macro APO DG
Length: 270mm (Macro mode on)

This was a tough one. My "assistant" and I made several attempts at this before finally getting it right.

My camera was about 3ft from the dominoes, and my flash about the same. Flash was fired remotely from a LumoPro LP605 light stand that was about 6' high. The flash was on a 45 degree angle, bounced from an umbrella down onto the subject. I wanted the faces of the dominoes to be a bit darker than the sides to add dimension to the shot.

Post-processed in ACR, Oloneo PhotoEngine, and given a retro treatment in Photoshop.

LightingSetup.png

Anthony,
Very Nice .... love how the shadows of the dominoes lay. (3ft. from subject / 45 degree angle)... I'm taking notes. :)
Thanks
- Ken

Ranie

Burst of Colors
(Ice cream toppings)
5174369876_484140a38f_z.jpg

EXIF
Camera : D90
Lens: Nikon 60mm F2.8 Micro
F/Stop : F57
Exposure: 1/200
Mode: Manual
Metering: Pattern
Flash: On (SB600 on TTL with diffuser)

ohkphoto

Snow White
My favorite "gem", a pearl in its natural habitat --in a little bit of water in the mother oyster shell.

_DSC0083-Edit-4.jpg

Attachments

• pearl.JPG
    pearl.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 227
Status
Not open for further replies.